Legalities of fighting the evil in the world.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    War is hell, even when supported by the full force and standing of the most powerful military ever in the history of earth. Imagine what it's like when your fighting with a 3rd World Milita. The Kurds have their own agenda. They are currently being made into heroes by the American Media because The American People love a Plucky Underdog. I doubt you would find most of their ideals in line with yours.

If you don't function socially in a military environment where the people are familiar to you culturally AND speak the same language how do you think you will fair amongst people who's culture, values, and language are totally foreign to you? It's mind blowing to me how many people want to go kill terrorist after having sat out killing terrorist for the last decade and a half.

The Kurds love foreign volunteers. When they get you killed they don't run into anyone From your village. You don't matter. It's comical that your considering joining a Militia in Iraq to fight evil but you aren't willing to do the "uphill" fight to get back into the US Mil. If you wanna die for somebody's cause go join The Foreign Legion. At least they feed you.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Dude, I'm not gonna lie, but why would you want to go to a **** hole country, with no support whatsoever, pretty much for free, and stay there for up to 3 years? You have no combat experience, and no offense, but as a helo tech, I seriously doubt you have much if any survival training. It honestly sounds like you just want to go legally kill people. I think you might need some help...

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    It's mind blowing to me how many people want to go kill terrorist after having sat out killing terrorist for the last decade and a half.

giphy.gif

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Unless you get permission from the State Department, in writing, then you are potentially forfeiting your citizenship.

Americans joining the Canadian RAF, often were threatened with this during both great wars.

I know that, in the past, these letters were given to those desiring to join the Israeli Army for religious reasons. I can't imagine the current administration issuing any of those, but they may be more amenable if your going to fight against Isis. I'm not sure, . . . is Obama a Sunni, or a Shiite?

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Lets just get this said. No one on this thread is going anywhere. The idea is about as legitimate a claim as a 4 year old packing a pb&j sandwich and saying he's going to hand deliver his letter to santa.

With that in mind, continue to logic and reason.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Lets just get this said. No one on this thread is going anywhere. The idea is about as legitimate a claim as a 4 year old packing a pb&j sandwich and saying he's going to hand deliver his letter to santa.

With that in mind, continue to logic and reason.

I agree. Thread closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom