Legislation will make it a felony to enforce any future AWB in La

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • luv1979

Genesis 27:3
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    I have emailed my Repersentitive, who happens to be the author of the bill, thanking him for his stand. I also emailed my senator urging her to support the bill when it reaches the senate.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've emailed my representative as well as my state senator. The author is Representative James Morris. I've written him as well to voice my support. We all need to get behind this.

headcase

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Metairie, LA.
    Doesn't federal law superceed state law. If so, this bill is more show than substance. Our reps should be working on fixing our problems, not superfluous, feel good do nothing laws. JMO

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Doesn't federal law superceed state law. If so, this bill is more show than substance. Our reps should be working on fixing our problems, not superfluous, feel good do nothing laws. JMO

I know other states have proposed similar bills, I believe the end goal is to go to court with the US government over the legality of what they are doing and what rights the state has.

Dgraham225

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Denham springs
    The supremacy clause guarantees the fed to be the "law of the land" I believe, but like said, it shows where the state stands and will likely end up in scotus

bhart89

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    While the Supremacy clause would require the States to uphold federal law normally, in this case a federal AWB would violate the constitution so this law is good to go.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La

The supremacy clause guarantees the fed to be the "law of the land" I believe, but like said, it shows where the state stands and will likely end up in scotus

Thats true but if states can legalize and decriminalize marijuana, if there were an awb, why couldnt states take the same type of stand on an awb.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom