Lets talk classic looking snubbies..... Experts?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Redneck Riviera
    They are. They're bigger than a J, but smaller than a K. I don't like 'em, myself. The curve of the trigger is uncomfortable. I eventually gave the Police Positive Special, that I mentioned up the thread, to my daughter. Take a Police Positive Special, give it a round butt and cut the barrel to 2 inches and you have a Detective Special. Same gun.

Anyway, the curve of the trigger on the Colt is slightly tighter than on a Smith. Guess my hands are too big. Was just uncomfortable on my finger. Now, the larger Colts - Trooper, Python and New Service - while the curve is the same, the larger frame and longer trigger makes more room for my finger.

Colt_Detective_Special.jpg

SW642-2.jpg

See the difference? Ain't much, but for me it was enough.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I have basically the same gun in aluminum Alpo. Put a set of Tyler T grips on there with the factory stocks. It'll change the whole feel for you. At least it did for me. I find the size of the Colt D Frame to be perfect for my hands.

Insert small hands joke in 3, 2, 1, :)

Dave

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Only one in my "arsenal" at the moment, a pre lock 2.5" 686 plus. To some that be a tad heavy to tote all day but I always liked my pistols to have a lil heft to them. Still, snubby is as snubby does and this one is a drill. Somewhere down the line this one is going to get engraved (or that has always been the plan anyway) but each time I save up to do it, another new gun purchase beckons. What a problem to have huh? :)

Let one get away about a year ago, a 1961 Detective Special, factory nickel, that was just too pretty to shoot. That one too was an amazingly accurate revolver, snubby or no.

In short (pun intended), snubs ROCK.

Top Bottom