Leveling kit for F-150

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TDuhe87

PADUE
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Prairieville
    Hey guys im looking around the Gonzales area for a place to put a leveling kit on my F-150 and get some new tires. I was looking for some ideas on who to bring it to. Anybody out there have any ideas on a place that is reasonable in price and will do a good job and do it right. Or have any bad experiences with anybody around the area that way i know who to avoid.

Thanks for looking

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    Hey guys im looking around the Gonzales area for a place to put a leveling kit on my F-150 and get some new tires. I was looking for some ideas on who to bring it to. Anybody out there have any ideas on a place that is reasonable in price and will do a good job and do it right. Or have any bad experiences with anybody around the area that way i know who to avoid.

Thanks for looking

what year is the truck? Its super easy to put one of these kits on. all you need is a floor jack, some basic hand tools and a torque wrench. it shouldnt take more than a couple hours in a driveway if you are familiar with cars.

kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    I had mine done at skid marks in Dutchtown. Ask for Daniel. The Gonzales store is stupid busy so I rather that store. 2014 f150 supercrew.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Payload and gas mileage. The nose down and the air dam account for as small improvement when every bit counts. What you do to your truck off the lot is somewhat your choice. The majority of their trucks sold have to fall within some gas mileage measurement. Heck if not they would all look like a raptor.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I had mine done at skid marks in Dutchtown. Ask for Daniel. The Gonzales store is stupid busy so I rather that store. 2014 f150 supercrew.

My truck was leveled already, but if I was paying for it this is where I'd go. Don't forget to budget for an alignment afterwards, and readjust your headlights.

I'm thinking of taking mine off, going to a smaller spacer, or doing Bilsteins at about .5", I like the look of it but if I put anything over 100lbs or so in the bed it looks nose high, no way in hell do I want to raise the rear I can barely climb in the bed as it is now.

Last edited:

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    If you have 4wd i've heard of people and even shops messing something up with the operation of the hubs, a vacuum line or something. F150forum is the site I use with a ton of info.

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I'm thinking of taking mine off, going to a smaller spacer, or doing Bilsteins at about .5", I like the look of it but if I put anything over 100lbs or so in the bed it looks nose high, no way in hell do I want to raise the rear I can barely climb in the bed as it is now.

Like everyone said it is easy and a driveway project. I have the Rancho quick lifts. Also tow a boat and camper at lest 1 or 2 weekends a month so I installed Hellwig airbags on the rear. The airbags are also a driveway project and putting the air nozzle in the bumper next to the license them easy to adjust. You can go wild with the air bags and make an automatic leveling system but I just pump them up when I tow. The overall rides is much improved.

kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Like everyone said it is easy and a driveway project. I have the Rancho quick lifts. Also tow a boat and camper at lest 1 or 2 weekends a month so I installed Hellwig airbags on the rear. The airbags are also a driveway project and putting the air nozzle in the bumper next to the license them easy to adjust. You can go wild with the air bags and make an automatic leveling system but I just pump them up when I tow. The overall rides is much improved.

Can you offer pics of your set up? Interested.

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Can you offer pics of your set up? Interested.
    attachment.php

Rear air bag

Good installation video Rancho Quicklifts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3QNunT9M68

Attachments

• SB6.jpg
      SB6.jpg
      17.8 KB · Views: 134

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    If you go with spacers and dont want to deal with the rear end sagging when you add payload, I have a set of roadmaster active suspension helpers that were on my 2011 4wd f150 for about 8K. I sold the truck, but still have them in my garage. I'd sell them for a good price. they are almost brand new. They'll increase payload capacity and make the truck more stable at speed.

I used to tow 8000 lbs of hot rod and trailer with them on a leveled truck and never had an issue or the rear end sag .

They also really help prevent axle wrap when not towing.

Top Bottom