Lewis Unglesby can kill everyone in the room with assault weapon with eyes closed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DS727

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Denham Springs
    "Unglesby, a gun owner and hunter who said he twice has had a gun put to his head"

I have issue with whomever didn't pull the trigger.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Yes, he is a douche!

Coincidentally, I sent this related letter to wbrz yesterday.

Dear News Desk,

This morning on Tune-in was yet another gun restriction related story (yawn). John P. was reading the lines associated with the story how attorney Lewis Unglesby was going to grace some forum with his profound opinion on why competent adult Americans should continue to be treated as children and submit to an assault weapons ban. Again, the word *clip* was erroneously used to describe the *magazine* of a firearm. Now, I couldn’t be certain if it was your staff that wrote that line for JP to read verbatim or if that was JP restating the words of Mr. Unglesby. Either way, if this gun debate is so important that your station runs them non-stop for weeks; then shouldn’t it be as important to research the terminology associated with these guns. Describing a gun’s magazine as a clip (unless the gun is a Garand or SKS), is no different than calling the viewfinder of a camera a scope.

So, if your research staff is still making this mistake, then I would suggest someone let them know so your anchors look a bit more knowledgeable in the future; and if however, that was the description used by Mr. Unglesby himself, then he has no business or authority telling ANYONE about his views on taking away their Right to own these guns.

Surprisingly, I got no response on this one. And they usually always do.

Last edited:

Dgraham225

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Denham springs
    How ironic, a LAWYER who's job is to defend a person in court (guilty or innocent, doesnt matter) for monetary gain wants to speak about public safety. I bet he's let more criminals walk the street in his lifetime that lead to more gun crime than my AR-15's ever have..

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    *There isn’t a second side to this,* he argued. *To be for these weapons is stupid. If you think you need this type of gun, something’s wrong with you."

Since it's coming from a scumbag, I'll take that as a high compliment. :rofl:

34404489.jpg

csbutton

Unreconstructed
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    "Lewis Unglesby can kill everyone in the room with assault weapon with eyes closed"

Unless, of course, he slips on his own slime trail and falls down first

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    “Where do any of us live that we have to shoot 30 bullets in five seconds?” he asked.

I would hope that we never have to find out but as the saying goes; its better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it!

This guy is a real piece of sh!t who has no idea what the 2nd amendment is all about.:rolleyes:

Mayonnaise

Not in the fridge
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I had the displeasure of having a conversation with this scumbag not too long ago. He's a strange dude and likes to make sure everyone around him knows who he is and how well connected he is. Fortunately for us he's pretty well hated and the only reason this is getting press is because of how outrageous it was.

He's statements infuriate people just as much as mine would if I got on TV and told the world how I thought I should be able to walk into Walmart and buy a machine gun and a crate full of frag grenades. Same ****, different point of view.

If you give these clowns enough attention they will just keep coming back for more.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    *There isn’t a second side to this,* he argued. *To be for these weapons is stupid. If you think you need this type of gun, something’s wrong with you.*

Oh no! There is something wrong with me! Should I call the gubment Wednesday and seek help? I think politicians should be tased when they lie. Would at least make it fun to watch them jerk us around.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Yes, he is a douche!

Coincidentally, I sent this related letter to wbrz yesterday.

Dear News Desk,

This morning on Tune-in was yet another gun restriction related story (yawn). John P. was reading the lines associated with the story how attorney Lewis Unglesby was going to grace some forum with his profound opinion on why competent adult Americans should continue to be treated as children and submit to an assault weapons ban. Again, the word *clip* was erroneously used to describe the *magazine* of a firearm. Now, I couldn’t be certain if it was your staff that wrote that line for JP to read verbatim or if that was JP restating the words of Mr. Unglesby. Either way, if this gun debate is so important that your station runs them non-stop for weeks; then shouldn’t it be as important to research the terminology associated with these guns. Describing a gun’s magazine as a clip (unless the gun is a Garand or SKS), is no different than calling the viewfinder of a camera a scope.

So, if your research staff is still making this mistake, then I would suggest someone let them know so your anchors look a bit more knowledgeable in the future; and if however, that was the description used by Mr. Unglesby himself, then he has no business or authority telling ANYONE about his views on taking away their Right to own these guns.

Surprisingly, I got no response on this one. And they usually always do.

QUIT IT! Quit educating the Liberals! Before, when they used the word "clip" it used to irritate me. Now when they talk about banning things and they use the word "magazine" it scares me. I liked it better when they at least sounded stupid.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    People like Lewis Unglesby are very dangerous when they hold an office of power and then decide the laws for the rest of us. He is an ignorant egomaniac IMO.

To even make such stupid statements...that simply because he has a type of weapon...he can kill everyone in a room. People like Lewis Unglesby think they know what is best for everyone else. They do not value Freedom and Liberty. And I wonder if he has even read our Constitution of the United States.

They are the type who passed the law of Prohibition of Alcohol in the 1920s.
    They are the same mentality of people who feel that sugar drinks need to be banned. They are the type who feel it should be illegal to smoke a cigarette in a car or in your backyard. This guy is a dangerous and narrow minded man who thinks the world should do and behave as he lives his life.

ry_kj_an

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I love getting lessons in morality and ethics from such a moral and ethical person. After all this is a man who has dedicated his career to defending CRIMINALS who have obtained ILLEGAL weapons to commit heinous unspeakable acts. Additionally, he has built a massive net worth taking high profile cases for the politically connected and affluent. You would think someone making comments such as these would be helping to enforce existing laws. Big Lew would stand to benefit handsomely from any new laws such as these and you can bank on this as his motivation.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Didn't he have some serious health issues?

Or was it an addiction to pharmaceuticals?

I remember thinking he wasn't going to be around for very long.
    :dunno:

Top Bottom