Liberty Safe gives passcode to federal authorities

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    You should do marketing for Hyundai. Those cars that are so easy to steal because of the "feature" included with the automobile. Then maybe once people realize it's a feature and not a defect, then insurance rates will go down!
    That's actually a lack of a feature. They never advertised " We dont include an engine immobilizer on this model. This is incase you ever can not afford to pay your note you can just park it in any major city."

If you read liberty's site it tells you the process of getting your safe open if you forgot your code. It's pretty obvious they have a master list.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You should do marketing for Hyundai. Those cars that are so easy to steal because of the "feature" included with the automobile. Then maybe once people realize it's a feature and not a defect, then insurance rates will go down!

Liberty built that feature into their product on purpose and it was used as intended, to bypass the main method of entry. Unless you are suggesting that Hyundai intended for their product to be easily stolen, you are making a false equivalence.

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Liberty built that feature into their product on purpose and it was used as intended, to bypass the main method of entry. Unless you are suggesting that Hyundai intended for their product to be easily stolen, you are making a false equivalence.
    I would guess that Liberty used off the shelf locksets. I could be wrong. But if that were the case Sargent Greenleaf (or another supplier) would likely be responsible for that situation.

A feature would be included for my benefit.

An example of a flaw would be for someone else's benefit, against my will. I'm sure owners of Korean cars don't give consent for their cars to be stolen. Therefore it is an equivalent.

At the end of the day....I say "tomato." You say "tomahhhhhhhto."

I say "center"....You can't even spell it!

Have a good evening!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I would guess that Liberty used off the shelf locksets. I could be wrong. But if that were the case Sargent Greenleaf (or another supplier) would likely be responsible for that situation.

A feature would be included for my benefit.

An example of a flaw would be for someone else's benefit, against my will. I'm sure owners of Korean cars don't give consent for their cars to be stolen. Therefore it is an equivalent.

At the end of the day....I say "tomato." You say "tomahhhhhhhto."

I say "center"....You can't even spell it!

Have a good evening!

You can distort it however you'd like but that doesn't change the fact your opinion doesn't match reality. You not liking the feature does not make the feature a flaw. The backdoor is there for your benefit even if you don't use it or don't like it. If, for some reason, you are unable to get into the safe with your primary code, the backdoor could be used for you to gain access. I would believe most reasonable people would view having the ability to access their safe as a benefit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eddie Landry
    Top Bottom