Library Tragedy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lurkerwisp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    http://www.onenewsnow.com/Headlines/Default.aspx?id=475708

This was sent to me from the SLIS listserv as a reminder to public librarians to be ever vigilant. I thought it would be appropriate to share here as a warning about safety in public places. I am not a public librarian, but sharing the warning seemed like the right thing to do.

Please remember that librarians are not babysitters and do not know that the person your kid is talking to is a stranger. It might seem like a nice safe place, but there really is no such thing.

mrdbeau

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Slidell Area
    "At the time of the attack, Saunders was a convicted sex offender who was on probation after serving four years in prison for the attempted rape of a 7-year-old boy." Just 4 years, you kidding me? Strike One.

"Saunders, 27, will be eligible for parole after 15 years. He was also sentenced to lifetime probation." Um, what? He was sentenced to life in prison, he should be ****ing serving life in prison. Strike Two.

"Saunders was released from prison in December 2006, despite objections from prosecutors and three psychologists who said he was too dangerous to be let out. He is a Level 3 sex offender, a designation given to those believed most likely to re-offend. *Snip* Prosecutors sought to have Saunders committed after he served his term. But a judge rejected the request, citing Saunders' history of being sexually abused as a child and his lack of sexual crimes while in prison." Well, boo ****ing hoo, he had a bad childhood, let's let him run around and rape little boys because of it. Strike Three.

As usual, the criminal justice system totally drops the ball when dealing with pedophiles and child predators. That piece of human debris should have still been in prison when he raped the second kid, and he damn sure shouldn't be eligible for parole after being sentenced to life in prison. Let that ****er rot and somebody on the inside will take care of him soon enough.

Top Bottom