Life After the Oil Crash

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Hemp is non THC bearing Cannabis. I'm a Hemp-Head!

I eat Hemp Seeds in my Salad, use Hemp Protein Powder, and have Hemp Milk in my fridge.

And my wallet is made out of Hemp.

I cant afford Hemp clothing, not enough factories are geared for plant fiber clothing production yet.

Bamboo makes good clothes too!

southernpride72

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2007
    Lafayette

I eat Hemp Seeds in my Salad, use Hemp Protein Powder, and have Hemp Milk in my fridge.

I cant afford Hemp clothing, not enough factories are geared for plant fiber clothing production yet.

+1

It is also one of the easiest plants to grow, has an enormous range, and is more cellulose-rich than all of the other biofuel crops in production. There is huge potential for this species. Now, about that pesky legislation...

Born4spd

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield

I learn something new from you everyday, you should have a daily blog or something.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Actually...

Hempcrete is Concrete with Hemp fibers used to strengthen it, it's commonly used in Hemp-Tolerant Nations.

Hemp is used for Insulation in those nations as well, it makes fantastic insulation.

Mercedes Benz uses Hemp Plastics to make the Interior panels of their cars.

Hemp waste is used for Animal Bedding.

It is used for making Cosmetics.

It is used for Food.

There is Injection Molded Hemp Plastic, that is what Henry Ford made his first car out of, Hemp Plastic.

It's not just the oil industry, its every single major industry from Clothing to Paper to Oil and Pharmaceutical companies, its also the 'Moral Police' and a lot of other powerful people that want it kept under wraps.

Imagine how cheap stuff would be if it could be made with both Crude and Hemp...really, do you really think the "elite" people want YOU to be able to afford as nice of things as them b/c stuff is affordable? hahaha...

Hemp is 100% beneficial to all crops as well. It aerates the soil and replenishes soil nutrients when added into a crop rotation. This is one of the reasons all of the founders thought that people should grow at least an acre of Indian Hemp along side their crops. It can be used to control weeds and insects as well...this is why the Pharmaceutical companies don't want it legal, much less need for insecticides, GMO seeds, and fertilizers.

It -is- as great as people make it sound, and it -is- used in Hemp friendly countries.

Hemp is all that, and it makes the bag for your chips...and the oil that they are cooked in...its all that and your bag-of-chips...aww yeah!

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Industrial Hemp is about as easy as throwing a seed on the ground & watching it grow. The closer together that it is grown the higher the stalks grow, that makes for more usable fibers. Spreading out the crop makes for more seeding, making it more useful for food, oils, and seed hulls...etc.

THC bearing Cannabis, Marijuana, is not as easy due to the care that needs to be taken to have a quality product. It can be about as easy as throwing a seed on the ground, but that yields 'Swag'...the stuff that is commonly brought into the US via 'Bricks' from Mexico. Having a higher quality product is different...it can be as complex as the most perplexing chemistry will allow.

I have grown neither, I know about growing both.

Both are easier to grow than any common tree, garden flower, or food crop.

Mix Hemp with Vertical Farming...bad ass!

There is no rational reason that Hemp should be Illegal or so tightly restricted, if it's such a pain then make it legal and let the markets decide its validity as an industrial product.

Top Bottom