Light preferences

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    What do y’all recommend for pistol and Ar15 lights?
    Streamlight makes great weapon lights for the $, especially their pistol lights. Their rifle lights are nice too, but they are a bit bulkier than the more expensive options. If you want something more fancy, surefire is hard to beat. There are a decent amount of options for scout lights these days. I like the Malkov setup I got from Arisaka.

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    16   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Buy once, cry once. Streamlight is, and always has been, the Harbor Freight of products, from their public safety Fire and EMS line to commercial products. The need to avoid patent infringement issues has led to some very inferior designs making their way to market. Battery compartment issues, etc.
    A used Surefire is comparable in price with a new Streamlight. With Insight Technology out of the game, the options are few. Streamlight is fragile for day-to-day EDC use, it is like buying an AutoZone alternator. It comes with a "lifetime warranty," that you will need unless it just sits on the nightstand.
    You mentioned pistol lights which leads me to believe you're looking for something that would potentially be used in a life safety application. If that is the case, do not economize, and spend the additional money for a Surefire / Wilcox product. When you break down the cost over a 10 to 15 year service life (which would put you on the third replacement Streamlight product), $20 a year is a negligible amount of money.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I've used streamlight day in and day out for almost 20 years, had one issue with an LED on an original TLR-1, they replaced it no questions with fast US-based service. I'd buy with confidence again if I needed another light. I don't often need another one, cause mine still work.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    167   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Ditto on SureFire. Buy once cry once. I still have every one I’ve ever bought (new and used!) and they all still work just fine. Also, pretty much all aftermarket light accessories, mounts, switches, etc are geared toward SureFire first.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I've used streamlight day in and day out for almost 20 years, had one issue with an LED on an original TLR-1, they replaced it no questions with fast US-based service. I'd buy with confidence again if I needed another light. I don't often need another one, cause mine still work.
    The TLR series is really hard to beat for the money. Never had any problems with mine. Surefire is nice, but you will pay more than double for it vs streamlight.

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    I have a surefire scout on my AR and a streamlight tlr on my pistol. Both put out a ton of light. If i were looking for a new light id probably choose a TLR1 with a rifle kit. Cant go wrong with either

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    106   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I do like the surefires in pistols but they are just rather long… streamlight for pistols usually fit flush or close to it..

But I’m deff surefire for the rifles, sbr, pcc ect.. the new surefire turbos are painfully bright with almost 1,000,000 candela…

twinin

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Surefire is what I would recommend. They are more expensive but you can find them on sale often at Bereli.com

Streamlight is the best of all the imported stuff. Quality below Surefire but better than O Light and Amazon specials

Top Bottom