Little Boys/ Another slice of Americana. 1 picture

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Every year when we, mainly my awesome wife, decorate our tree for Christmas, we always hold this little ornament in high esteem as it is one of our favorites. It’s a grade school aged kid dressed like an Indian with his bow and arrow either dancing around a campfire or chasing imaginary buffalos through the back yard depending on your imagination.
    Little boys and Christmas were made for each other. The ornament reminds me of my sons when there were little, my grandsons now, and somewhere deep in my memory, me.
    I remember many a day running around our neighbor hood when I was in grade school having the times of our lives. All day long football games, running through fields and woods while visiting my grandmother, and dreaming of any and every adventure.
    When my sons were young I tried hard at letting them be kids and play as much as they could and provide everything they needed to be happy kids. As everyone knows, it’s a tough act to accomplish. Balancing work and home life is not easy as it’s so damn expensive to live these days. When I look back, and like some of you, we second guess our parenting ability, but we do the best we can or we should. I do look back at lots of fond memories like letting my oldest son when he was a mere 3-4 years old cast an old Ambassador 5500c til he was wore out, or I got wore out from untangling backlashes. I can remember teaching them to ride bikes and watching Evil Knievel like crashes over and over again.
    I’m doing the same thing with my grandsons now, but now I have time to relax a little bit more and not worry so much about the daily grind of the job and keeping the wolves at bay. Pushing him on the swing I hung for him in a big live oak in my front yard
    6f7ca7e8b941703ca75e5b23a9e4ffa0.jpg

to listening to him talk about what super hero he is on this given day brings me immense happiness and contentment.
    The little boy in the Indian costume is the embodiment of everything that is good in the world and how it should be. All kids deserve a happy childhood as this directly reflects on how they grow to be productive citizens. Hopefully this Christmas you can find that little boy in you and transfer the joy it brings to you, to someone you love. Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas my friends. Keep chasing your dreams.

Top Bottom