Live! From Awerbuck Day 2

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    3510164463_bc8456204f_m.jpg

3510164473_5582c1d4c8_m.jpg

3510164475_ecdf7e66e9_m.jpg

3510164479_5b99ef64bf_m.jpg

3510164493_1c7691f838_m.jpg

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Well that's been a rough two hours. We switched to semi-3D targets (just a regular target folded/curved) and one glock malfunctioned. Paul's mtac holster is not working. My P7 choked twice in a row. We did an airsoft force on force drill (a student tried to tackle Louis from 7 yards three times, he got shot each time).

Pictures uploading. Sorry the internet is really slow uploading pictures here.

Finally proof that the MTAC is a piece of ****? :eek3:

:rofl:

SigArmed1

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 21, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    Damn. So a G36 broke today in class? I remember from yesterday him saying that he had seen the 36's fail before but it actually happened today? Man, that sucks. I am going to have to reconsider my daily carry if that is the case.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    FWIW, the only Glock that went belly up for a failure to finish in 131 entries at the recent Glock match was a G36. There is a reason they are normally considered Gaston's red-haired stepchild. When I've heard of Glocks that failed to work, 9 times of of 10 it's been a G36. And the overwhelming majority of non-G36s failures are people modifying Glocks without knowing what they're doing. YMMV.

Almost forgot about the G34 that a junior competitor was having trouble with recently...failing to ignite primers. Tt had never been cleaned after who knows how many thousands of rounds. The firing pin channel was solidly packed with crap, as was the the channel for the safety plunger. Works fine now ;)

Last edited:

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Damn. So a G36 broke today in class? I remember from yesterday him saying that he had seen the 36's fail before but it actually happened today? Man, that sucks. I am going to have to reconsider my daily carry if that is the case.
    NO, not what he said.... reading comprehension is your friend

the early G36's had issues.

BTW NOLACOP, that G36 you have is serial numbered after the problem was fixed, it should be GTG

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    "If I go to jail it will be for killing someone in a restaurant hitting a ketchup bottle. People in America come out of the womb eating ketchup. This is what happens with a glock magazine with three or four rounds in it. You pull the mag out, hit, put it back in and now you get the ketchup bottle effect. The neat trick you'll get a round a backwards round jammed in the chamber. You are now F-U-C-K f***ed."

I've read this 3 times over, and I still can't visualize it.

Backwards round in the chamber?? Is he still referring to a malfunction?

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    What's wrong with a MTAC?

I think it's one of those things people have a love or hate relationship for. I was just trying to stir up some stink :)

I had one and didn't like it. I went back to a traditional leather holster. Some people love them. I just think it's funny that the only holster issue mentioned was with a MTAC.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I will explain the ketchup bottle analogy later.

The glock didn't break, it just malfunctioned. Glock 19 stovepiped.

Nolacop getting a lesson in how well a search and assess works.

3511162602_c1e217615a.jpg

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I think it's one of those things people have a love or hate relationship for. I was just trying to stir up some stink :)

I had one and didn't like it. I went back to a traditional leather holster. Some people love them. I just think it's funny that the only holster issue mentioned was with a MTAC.

Paul also had an issue with a TT gunleather VMII clone.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge

NOLACOP SAYS.....

The problem is that larger guys, myself included, have a problem with excess body fat around the mid section pushing down on the leather sweatguard causing it to basically block re-entry of the weapon back into the holster.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston

Problems with two holsters? OMG! :eek3:

What kind of issues was he having with both of them? Just out of curiousity.

I have one of the VMII clones on order for my P30. I have VMII's for my USP's and P7M8.

Top Bottom