Livingston parish sheriffs race. Check out the website incident

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    He is aware.

Perhaps YOU aren't aware that the government's benevolence ends with the property transfer.

Do you have any idea what it costs to operate/maintain helicopters?

Point Coupee Parish SO has four or five of those "donated OH-58B's. I don't think any of them have flown in years, and I'm almost certain NONE of them have flown since Bud took office.

Not trying to stir up anything, since I have no dog in this hunt. But the point was, LPSO just does not have a crime problem that needs air support. IOW, those helos are a flashy extravagance.

I am aware that these items are by NO means free to maintain. Also, I'm not even justifying the NEED. I have been an employee of the BRPD and the LPSO and the amount of crime between the two is not even comparable.

However, I just don't feel it is necessary to tear one man down to build another man up.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Are they needed every day? No. But when they ARE needed, they're available.

I wonder how you get a helicopter ride like the one I was listening to during the summer. Both helicopters were flying around the Amite River having fun cutting up on the radio. Seems like at one point a female was at the controls. Then when they decide to part one said the passenger wanted to see what Tranquillity Lakes looked like from the air. The other one said his passenger wanted to see Bass Pro from the air. Wonder who the passengers were. :dunno:

LouisianaRebel

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    yonder
    I wonder how you get a helicopter ride like the one I was listening to during the summer. Both helicopters were flying around the Amite River having fun cutting up on the radio. Seems like at one point a female was at the controls. Then when they decide to part one said the passenger wanted to see what Tranquillity Lakes looked like from the air. The other one said his passenger wanted to see Bass Pro from the air. Wonder who the passengers were. :dunno:

Sick kids if i remember right
    helicopter.jpg

jethro4959

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Livingston
    There seems to be the same people on this forum that have nothing but bad thinks to say about the sheriffs office and this parish, mostly from outside the parish like Pride. If you live in the parish you have that right to express your feelings come October. If you do not live in the parish well guess what, you do not get to vote.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    There seems to be the same people on this forum that have nothing but bad thinks to say about the sheriffs office and this parish, mostly from outside the parish like Pride. If you live in the parish you have that right to express your feelings come October. If you do not live in the parish well guess what, you do not get to vote.

I work in LP, my girlfriend and her family live there and lots of friends so I care what goes on.

jethro4959

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Livingston
    I work in LP, my girlfriend and her family live there and lots of friends so I care what goes on.

Yeah I know you work over here and you run your mouth over here. Just try and get the facts before you open your mouth about something you don't know anything about!

jethro4959

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Livingston

Here is one of the post, try calling and you would find out what they were doing. Instead you make comments without the facts.

jethro4959

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Livingston
    So you just make up your own stories of what's going on. Oh and I know because I have been with the office for 18 years and planning on serving this great parish for many more. That's why I take it personnel when people run there mouth when they do not know the whole story.

Jake28LA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    As of now my vote will be for Jason Ard.

Im with ya brah. its gonna be nice to have such a smart professional guy running things around here represntin us!! livingston needs it an its been too long since we had some brains around here. just the other day i was listenin to this clip of ard talking about the srt team on the radio. i didnt realize they was so good. check it out

http://k002.kiwi6.com/hotlink/9l92n4f8yo

just think man, next year he'll be speaking on behalf of everyone in the parish. cant wait!

Jake28LA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    So you just make up your own stories of what's going on. Oh and I know because I have been with the office for 18 years and planning on serving this great parish for many more. That's why I take it personnel when people run there mouth when they do not know the whole story.

im no genius, probably not even half of one, but if you are admitting that you are law enforcement and have been so for 18 years with your pride and family blah blah blah, the best thing you can do for you bosses campaign is stop posting immediately until you figure out the whole there/theyre/their concept. you represent the lpso well.

by the way, at 18 years you should be at least a lieutenant or sgt right? oh wait, there's no rank structure in that fine organization, i forgot. so whats your title. still deputy? :rofl:

jethro4959

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Livingston
    im no genius, probably not even half of one, but if you are admitting that you are law enforcement and have been so for 18 years with your pride and family blah blah blah, the best thing you can do for you bosses campaign is stop posting immediately until you figure out the whole there/theyre/their concept. you represent the lpso well.

by the way, at 18 years you should be at least a lieutenant or sgt right? oh wait, there's no rank structure in that fine organization, i forgot. so whats your title. still deputy? :rofl:

before you correct someones grammer, make sure you check yours before you hit the enter key. "theyre" they are or they're is what your looking for.

I am not here to argue with anyone, I just have a problem with someone making a statement without having all the facts. But if that is the best you can do is attack someones grammer, go for it newbie. I am proud of who I am, where I am from, and who I work for.

Top Bottom