Llama 45

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I would get an RIA or Armscor 1911 over a Llama any day and twice on Sunday.

The old Llamas had fit and finish issues as well as some reliability concerns.

The RIA and Armscor 1911s seem solid and well built. Great bargains overall.

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    I would get an RIA or Armscor 1911 over a Llama any day and twice on Sunday.

The old Llamas had fit and finish issues as well as some reliability concerns.

The RIA and Armscor 1911s seem solid and well built. Great bargains overall.

Citadels' also are good for the money. Llamas seemed to have some real issues. Plus from what I have researched they didn't have complete 1911 parts commonality with standard mil spec 1911s'

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Citadels' also are good for the money. Llamas seemed to have some real issues. Plus from what I have researched they didn't have complete 1911 parts commonality with standard mil spec 1911s'

Absolutely NOT 100% compatible.

I forgot about the Citadels as well. Nice guns for the $$$.

Either way, Llama = BAD - Citadel, RIA, Armscor = GOOD.

Slim

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    Metairie
    Llamas are hit and miss. I had one that was flawless others are not so lucky. They had some quality control issues so just inspect it good.

Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    I had one in 9mm. It was prone to jams and FTE's. I planned on working on it until I decided to upgrade to another brand in 45. Now it's gone and I have a CD that's on the project table.

Il_Baffo

Tacticool
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I personally don't trust Llama. I bought a 357 Llama Comanche III and had nothing but issues with it. I, stupidly, researched the gun after I bought it because it was a quick buy and found out the hard way that the company went out of business for a reason and they didn't have the best quality control.

I've heard some people love 'em though so I guess it just depends.

Top Bottom