Local Banks Not Cashing Checks...?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    I'm in a training class in New Orleans. As I was walking out for lunch, the lady next to me got an interesting phone call. Her friend just left the bank after going there to cash a paycheck. The bank would only give out $500 cash, the remainder was given as a bank check to the person. Which of course the bank wouldn't cash, they were told to go elsewhere to get the rest. I didn't wait around to find out the rest, I 'll find out what bank later.

Has anyone else heard this today?

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Let's see, you give them a check and they give you a check? Find out the name of the bank if you can.

The banks are creative. If they can figure out a way to make money you bet they will.

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    More than likely.

Anyone remember last month when people were saying that gasoline was going to be $5.00 in the next day?

Enhance your calm.:o

channel 9 reported that,,,later that night they claimed a rumor caused the panic,,,even tho they reported it as fact....wow remember the days when reporters reported news and not just repeated rumors

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Credit Union Service Centers will only allow a withdrawal of $500 per person per day. She may have gone to something like that, they will do $500 cash and the rest must be taken out in check form of some kind, as far as I know.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    If you really wanted to be an ass I suppose you could open an account with the check then withdraw your cash and close the account.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    I tried this yesterday, credit union automatically puts 11 day hold on chicks used to open an account

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I drew a grand, in cash, out of my La Cap FCU account this morning; via a teller.

Guess they didn't get the word...

Different set up, regular FCUs you can draw unlimited I think. The service center on Siegen(and prolly everywhere else), it serves all FCU outfits, has the limit. They'll break the rule if they like/know you.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Yeah, I've drawn more than 500 before as well. I think that's an ATM thing.

Yep, once you take out over 10G plan on being there a while doing all sorts of BS paperwork, same thing when you try to deposit it. Long story doubt I will ever have to worry about that paperwork again.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I showed this post to my wife (she trains bank branch employees for a living). She said it was most likely either a problem with the employers account or the customer's account (ie they didn't have enough in the acount to cover more than $500).

Top Bottom