Look at these!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    Ok guys I loaded some 300blk out and got my cycling issues straight(gas block was not flush and hand to get rid of handguard cap) I shot about 8 rds of my loads (17gr h110 lc and fed brass trimmed to 1.360 seated and crimped lightly 125gr Sierra mk.

Look at the pics and you can see there are flat spots on the top of the mouth. I believe this is being caused by the ejection of the brass because if you look at the pic of the brass deflector you can see how hard the spent brass is hitting it. Now this brings me to the buffer. I think the buffer might be too light (3oz) because it is slinging the brass so hard plus when it locks the bcg back it hits pretty hard. Let me know what yall think.

sa8ezu9y.jpg
    a6y2ameh.jpg
    ajypanu3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 4

noylj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    southwest
    Your analysis is probably correct--or an extractor/ejector problem.
    If the buffer is the same as for .223, then it almost certainly is too weak.

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    The dents you see in the case mouth a perfectly normal!!! This is from the mouth of the case hitting the shell defelctor. The dents are easily popped out when resizing. Some have worried that the continual denting and dent removal will work harden the brass in that area causing it to become brittle but I have put brass through 6 firings without a problem. Nothing at all to worry about, keep shooting!

ETA: Some people have also tried to create a "fix" to this problem that doesn't exist by putting a square of velcro (soft side) on the deflector. I just pop the dent out when resizing and go about my business unworried.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Your gun is performing normally. My SIG 516 shell deflector is almost completely scarred to bare metal. Hell, those spent cartridges come out of it so fast and hard, I am actually shooting twice each shot! :p

Sig told me that is exactly how it is intended.

gunner_lee

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Pollock, La
    I had to install a tuneable gas block to get my subsonics w/ suppressor to function realiably as well as the supersonics with my 18" bbl. I just had to find the tuned "sweet spot" so that both loads cycled the action and locked the bolt open on last round. The brass is fine- just resize it as stated.

Top Bottom