Look at this AK

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • #1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    This is a gun I built a few months ago its my version of a arm pistol.Some of you may remember Bushmasters arm pistol in 223.Well this is my version in 7.62.Its compact and easy to carry and runs like a dream.Its loud as hell and really turns heads at the range.What do you think?All comments welcome.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Oh, Ok...

Recoil (muzzle jump) isn't as bad as I would have expected. I wonder what would happen if you slung it and pushed against the sling...

Looks like fun!

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    WOW! That is pretty pimp. I don't guess you could shoulder that beast, could you?

And so that would qualify as a pistol? I've seen the "bullpup" AK's but they all look pretty crappy. . . but this one looks beautiful.

Very sharp.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    That's what I was going to ask. How long is the barrel and what is its overall legnth? Did you build the receiver from a flat or use a nodak? Did you use that prefab AK bullpup kit or make your own? How is the trigger pull?I have been debating about building a .223 AK pistol. I am facinated by the bullpup style pistol u built, maybe I could build a .223 version of yours.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Thanks for the complements .To answer Qs.----Nastynewt ,I love building AKs so much I have a build party almost every day after work.(atleast for a hour LOL) My rifle was talking about one at his place again.---------Jaderaven, yes its a pistol same parts as any other AK pistol just the grip and trigger is forward of the mag.I tappered the back for comfort on your forearm(that square back gets uncomfortable quick.------------------Vermiform,It has a 11 in barrel and a OAL of 20 inches.With the shoulder strap it carries like a purse.Its built with a tapco flat,using a rommy-G kit and no us made parts.The trigger is linked with a square rod outside of the reciever incased in a larger square tube instead of a round one inside the reciever Making a smooth trigerpull so smooth it bumpfires like a dream.I want to build one in 5.45 but I need a kit.Anyone got one cheap?If you want more detailed pics if the lincage holler im not afraid to share building tips.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I want to build one in 5.45 but I need a kit.Anyone got one cheap?

Ok, what if you took a .223 saiga and removed the receiver and replaced it with a tapco flat receiver. Then of course modified the magwell to accept bulgies or orlites and of course add a bullet guide. "Once a rifle, always a rifle" only applies to the receiver right? You could chop the barrel down, remove the stock and put a krink style front site on it and then do your little trick with linkage bar eh?

It may seem crazy to to hack up a brand new Saiga, but $300 is cheaper than a 5.45 parts kit probably. You would also have a more common caliber than 5.45 to eh?

"No US parts"? - - Are you saying that if the receiver is homemade, then you don't have to comply with 922R? If so, that is pretty nifty! Does Nodak sell receviers registered as pistols?

Maybe some of us North LA users could organize a road trip and come see you.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Ok, what if you took a .223 saiga and removed the receiver and replaced it with a tapco flat receiver. Then of course modified the magwell to accept bulgies or orlites and of course add a bullet guide. "Once a rifle, always a rifle" only applies to the receiver right? You could chop the barrel down, remove the stock and put a krink style front site on it and then do your little trick with linkage bar eh?

It may seem crazy to to hack up a brand new Saiga, but $300 is cheaper than a 5.45 parts kit probably. You would also have a more common caliber than 5.45 to eh?

"No US parts"? - - Are you saying that if the receiver is homemade, then you don't have to comply with 922R? If so, that is pretty nifty! Does Nodak sell receviers registered as pistols?

Maybe some of us North LA users could organize a road trip and come see you.
    ---------Vermiform,I would probably get a bulgarian 5.45 kit for 300.00 plus its hard for me to tear up a good rifle when there are so many kits around.I dont know about the 223 saigas but my 308 is a great gun.The Atf rules do not include pistols on the 922R so its not nessasary to have the US made compliance parts.The reason I like the 5.45 ammo is because its so cheap(120.00 for 1000 rds.delivered)and the round is a great.-------Nasty newt, Ill let you know.Now that its not hot as hell outside we could have a build party at my house.Every one interested in building would be invited.Dont forget the rifle US compliance parts are only around 40.00 and a rifle is a little easyer to build (no barrel work).Ps. I have a hot bluing setup that does exelent military park. like finnishes.

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Is there still talk of an AK build party? I'd be interested if so. I have some improvments I want to make to my new SAR, and without a little guidance I am nervous to try it myself.

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Trigger. Wanna reduce the slap. Plus this is my first AK. So I am reluctant to do anything major without guidance. I really just want to find some knowledgable guys in the area to show me in and outs of an AK.
    So if you can get some guys together for a build, count me in...

Craig

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 23, 2007
    Denham Springs
    I have a gunked up MAK90 with the Klinton thumbhole stock. Is it legal to change out the stock now?

It was put up without cleaning after shooting corrosive ammo. The bore looks pretty good but I have to clean up the piston and rod.

I would be interested in a build party.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    A build party sounds great.Craig you can change out your stock but it is nessasary to change 4 other parts to comply with a law sr 922 that says you cannot have more than 10 original parts of a list that the ATF says makes a asault rifle.The AK uses 15 it has 16 if you have a removable muzzel device.so to be complyant you could get a american made stock set and fire control group and that would be 5 parts.And its a easy mod.Remember if you add a flash suppresor make it U.S made also to stay leagle.Aks are tuff I have one that went through katrina and rita in a closet.Dident get cleaned or oiled for a year and I flushed her out went to the range threw in a mag. and it ran without a hitch

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    So, how much would it cost to build a nothing fancy AK at a build party?
    That all depends on what you want.Part kits vary from 100.00 to1500.00 .U.S. complyant parts 40.00.Reciever flat 15.00.Rivets 5.00.You can build a nice one for around 160.00(Thats a romanian G kit with complyant parts.Ill post some buildspics Ive done.

Top Bottom