Look at this AK

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nastynewt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2007
    Franklinton/Houma LA
    BR 87 here is a pic of my Yugo under folder
    Rifles.jpg

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    BR 87 here is a pic of my Yugo under folder
    Sweet... I'm not big on the poly furniture on AKs, but on the Yugo it looks ubercool.
    I may still buy one of those even though I went ahead and ordered a G Kit to build. If I can find someone to buy a Remington ADL, I'm gonna put the cash towards a Yugo...
    Suppose I should go put the ADL in the For Sale forum...

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    and there is a personal satisfaction when you build your own that money cant buy.Plus thers other guns you can build.

I'll second that. I've built a few 1911's from 40% castings. It's pretty friggin cool to show up at the range next to the 2-3K cool 1911's and my **** is as good if not better than theirs for 500 bux's:rofl::rofl:

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Hi everybody. Hi Newt. Been awhile, eh? Bambam's been leaning on me to join up here, and I just did, so I'm in. He and I have been building AK's for about two years now, and we've done a few good ones. I've done a few bad ones too, but I'll be damned if I demill any more of my builds what with a potential ban looming.

If anybody's interested in that build party I can host it. I have the garage with A/C and heat and a fridge. I have the tools and jigs that most folks want for a build. I also have a source at Century where I can get Romanian 1970's kits for $100 each, so if anyone's interested we can place an order and get a bunch of kits. If there's interest we should do it ahead of time, though, so ya'll can have time to demill them before the party. I'd need the cash up front too. The credit card's getting pretty hot after the vacation the wife and I took to Prague.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I hope I can be of help. Getting new builders into the hobby is one of my favorite things to do next to building and shooting! By the way, those 1970's kits are the ones everyones all gooey about on the AKForum and AKFiles. Some say the Romanian production standards declined after the 1982 (?) coup attempt. Seem's that Caucescu jailed or killed most of the professional gun manufacturers, and after that they novice manufacturers combined with the ill effect of Romania's crash course of debt reduction on gun-smithing tools led to Romanian AK's of lower quality. While my experience with them (I bought and sold about 100 of these Romanian AKs as well as RPKs last year.) supports this claim, the Romanian AK's I've built out of 1980s kits turned out fine and are accurate and robust.

Top Bottom