Looking at new pistol

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomnjenn05

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    I have been thinking about buying a new glock. I have a G22 now but would like something a lil easier to carry. I have the G23 and the G27 in my sites. Was wondering which one would y'all recommend for someone. Would be more of a carry pistol for me.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    most glock guys I talk to swear they shoot the g27 better than the g23 for whatever mysterious reason. maybe something with the dual springs or something? Maybe one of our resident glock experts can chime in on this as fact or fiction.

I will say that the g27 is with the "pinky extended" mags is surprisingly comfortable, and due to its smaller size it'll be easier to conceal and may result in more frequent carry during warmer months than the larger.

Last edited:

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    i was torn between the gen4 g23 or g27, i got the 23, i figure i can trade it for a 27 later on if i decide on that, i just find the 23/19 frame size to be unique among glocks, it has a real good fit. though the finger extensions on the subcompacts really make a huge difference.

i love the mag release and the backstraps with the beaver tails. I have never suffered slide bite or anything of that nature but the beaver tail really lets me get down on the gun. Its great. i should put rounds through it sunday

the gen 5 better come with a bigger box.

gunslinger06

Never go to BR/NO
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    Leesville,LA
    If you already have a 22, I'd go for the 27. The 23 isn't THAT much smaller. The only real reason you would pick the 23 over the 27 is to have a more comfortable all-around gun(easy to conceal, fun at the range). If you have a range gun already, that's a moot point. Of course, if you believe the rumor mill, Glock is on the cusp of building a single stack 9mm/380. You might consider waiting a bit.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    If you are keeping the G22 then get a G27 for the better conceal-ability. If you want to compromise and have fewer guns, sell the G22 and get a G23 (or swap for one).
    Actually, my G27 seemed as accurate as my G22 so I sold the G22 and kept a few full size mags and used the G27 for a range gun also.
    (Since then I've sold the G27 also and shoot a G21 suppressed for a range toy and am looking to get a G30S for concealed carry use.)

Top Bottom