Looking for .22 front sight

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    I want to replace the cheap plastic front sight on my kid's .22. If anyone around Slidell has a metal ramp style sight laying around for a couple bucks let me know. From the center of the screw hole to the barrell tip I have 3/4" to play with. From the base to the top of the blade I have +-7/16" to work with.

Thanks in advance!

Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    By cheap plastic you mean Fiber Optic??????????????

What kind of rifle is it?

It's a Crickett .22. The sight is a ramp style but the blade tapers to a point. I have two issues with this sight:

1 - Because of the point's taper it actually disappears on a dark target. I've tried white paint but it won't stick to the plastic.

2 - My second issue it the plastic is so soft it twists with a mild bump. The rounded channel is not sufficient to hold it in place.

Obviously I'm not looking for a Williams sight. Due to the cost of the gun I'm not a big fan of paying $20 plus shipping from someplace like Brownells. I just want a better sight because I want my kids to enjoy learning to shoot. I don't want them to get frusterated and loose interest over something so simple.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom