Looking for .380 projectiles.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbonnette

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I just picked up an Ruger LCP and I'd like to start reloading .380 for it. I'm looking for the best places/prices for .380 projectiles... any help would be appreciated!

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    If looking for small amounts, Louisiana Gun on Jefferson Hwy. (225-291-2942) has some bullets and brass. If your looking for more than a few hundred at a time then send me a PM and I can put you intouch with some folks from the NO area that can get the brass for ya. Precision Delta or Montanna Gold have bullets if you want them by the thousands. You might have to wait as both are having issues supplying eveyone at this time.

Beauxdog

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    PM DMiculek. I got 1500 95 grain, .355 " green bullets from him a while back. I know what I had was a limited supply he got from someone else, but he may be able to get you some more, or have found some in his shop. They work great out of my LCP, as well as another members here whom I split the lot with.

WILDCATT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    MANNING SC
    reloading

lee sells a 2 cavity mold for $18 from midsouthshooters.com.I use the 6 cavity molds.you can melt lead WW in a cast iron pot and dip with a lyman ladle.heck of a sight cheaper than buying.

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    I understand wanting to reload given the price and availability of mfg ammo. I was going to do the same, but my issue is trying to justify cost of dies and using up SP primers for a caliber I'm not going to blast 200-300 rounds during a session. I also load on Dillon SDB (2) for 9mm, 38/357, 40 and 45 and have the complete dies/toolheads/powder measure setup for the small primer machine. Cost to go to .380 is a bit high. My LCP and experience with it (500 rds) showed me it is broken in and reliable. Shooting 100 rounds at a time is not a pleasurable thing. So I can't really justify the additional costs. My 2¢

Last edited:

jbonnette

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I understand wanting to reload given the price and availability of mfg ammo. I was going to do the same, but my issue is trying to justify cost of dies and using up SP primers for a caliber I'm not going to blast 200-300 rounds during a session. I also load on Dillon SDB (2) for 9mm, 38/357, 40 and 45 and have the complete dies/toolheads/powder measure setup for the small primer machine. Cost to go to .380 is a bit high. My LCP and experience with it (500 rds) showed me it is broken in and reliable. Shooting 100 rounds at a time is not a pleasurable thing. So I can't really justify the additional costs. My 2¢

To be honest , I really like the self-sufficiency aspect of reloading. You're far less dependent on the whims of the market.

Since you bring up price, that is also a plus for me. The most reasonably priced 380 that I've seen lately is monarch from Academy...which goes for about 30 cents a round. From my calcs, I can reload for about half that price. That equates to about 150$ of savings per 1000 rounds which more than pays for 30$ set of dies to reload with (I have everything else that I need). I don't shoot a ton of 380, but a two hour 380 reloading session will save me 120$... even if it takes me two years to shoot through the reloads.

Last edited:

WILDCATT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    MANNING SC
    reloading

thats why I like Lee tools.I like the turret press,dies with powder thru and disc powder measure.I have the dies in the turret and powder measure mounted on the powder thru die and leave whole setup on.so I only have to change turret and shell holder and fill measure.I do have a rock chucker and herter press and a RCBS green machine.Thats some of my 15 presses and have 30 some odd moulds.some tools go back to 1937 and some Ideal the the 1900s.
    midsouthshooters has been my go to since the 70s

Top Bottom