Looking for a range bag - Recommendations?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA

I've been using something similar to this lately and have been very pleased. It keeps everything openly visible and at your fingertips, plus they make them in almost every size you could need.

I rarely need to carry my range bag long distances and don't produce it in places that I need worry about someone "borrowing" a magazine or the like.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville

I've been using something similar to this lately and have been very pleased. It keeps everything openly visible and at your fingertips, plus they make them in almost every size you could need.

I rarely need to carry my range bag long distances and don't produce it in places that I need worry about someone "borrowing" a magazine or the like.

Yep, that's what I was talking about.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Look at Amazon for the range bag, that is where I got mine. Also, I love my 5.11 bag that I also got from Amazon.

The 5.11 bag is the FDE one on the far left and the midway bag in the middle.

4ab27a2b-d676-71d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    when im only taking 1-2 pistols with me i like these.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939160870/midwayusa-tactical-pistol-case
    they have 7 mag slots on one side and 2 pockets on the other side that will hold ammo/ear protection/etc.

if i plan to bring more i have the large midway bag. i purchased 2 extra pistol sleeves and can easily throw 6 pistols 30 or so mags, ammo, ear protection and whatever else in there. my last trip had 6 pistols, 26 pistol mags, 400 rounds of 9/45/357, 6 ar mags, 2 boxes of 20 gauge shells, 2 bricks of 22 bullets, 6 10-22 mags, 2 pairs of muffs, small pistol cleaning kit, bottle of lube and a cleaning rag. it was plenty heavy but i only had to carry it to the truck and then i parked my truck next to the shooting bench so it wasn't like i was packing it all over.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Ive switched completely from my midway bag to my Eberlestock Gunslinger. I can put the same amount of crap in the gunslinger, but its a backpack and holds whatever rifle Im bringing with me.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I looked again and mine is a Galati range bag. If anyone wants more pics let me know. It is big enough to carry everything you need at the range.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I currently use a clone of the Midway bag (Academy) sells the same bag with their name on it and it is too small for my needs I need something bigger and I might have to look into the backpack style since most "duffle style" tend to be the same size when you look into the "big bags".
    Same bad I have works well I put all ammo and mags in it since it has slots for mags. I do not carry guns in it unless i am just taking 2

bassicpackrat

Dopplebock Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Opelousas,LA 70570
    I looked again and mine is a Galati range bag. If anyone wants more pics let me know. It is big enough to carry everything you need at the range.

Yep, thats the same range bag I have. I love it except for two things, its a bit on the heavy side once loaded, but I really wish it had extra mag pouches or loops in it to keep them separate. Other than that, its a great bag!

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Yep, thats the same range bag I have. I love it except for two things, its a bit on the heavy side once loaded, but I really wish it had extra mag pouches or loops in it to keep them separate. Other than that, its a great bag!

It can get extremely heavy!!!! But it also can carry everything I need and then some. The biggest drawback for me was, dropping something small in it, you will never find it until you empty the thing.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I have always preferred the traditional tote style because... well, because it IS traditional. But as my frustration level over not being able to find something currently suitable increases, I'm starting to look at backpack-type bags. Pangris advises that the pack Alan (GeauxShootin') sells is primo... but it sounds to me like it would be too large for MY needs.

Steve I bought one from Alan but have not used it yet. If you want to take a look at it I can bring it over. It does seem alittle heavy even empty but it does have allot of cool features.

+1 one on the Midway bag, you can put everything under the sun in it, but you may not be able to pick it up. Pack it light and it's great

I have the same issue with the Midway bag but I have been using mine for years.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom