looking for a store in baton rouge area with carbon blade pocket knives.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Lake Charles, LA
    They are not that easy to find. I picked up a carbon steel blade pocket knife from a knife dealer at a gun show. Out of the hundreds of knives he had, only a couple of them were carbon steel.

BigNick73

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Brandon, MS
    A lot of Boker blades are carbon steel. The traditional/hunting style folders aren't too expensive (just bought a bunch as grooms gifts).

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    A lot of Boker blades are carbon steel. The traditional/hunting style folders aren't too expensive (just bought a bunch as grooms gifts).
    A lot of the Boker knives are made in China . All of the MAGNUM series are Chinese . They still produce some in Germany , but check before buying . Sadly , a lot of manufacturers are having their knives made in China .

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Not hard if you know how to look. Not local but Midway http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduc...ce=froogle&utm_medium=free&utm_campaign=18708
    You could contact Boker to find out what is or not made in China. Roy who has Bayou Blades and goes to all the gun shows had at least three Kershaw Leeks with carbon steel Damascus blades, I have two of those. Roy is in Erwinville and if you call and he has what you want he will mail it or meet you some place. I've seen Klien knives with cs blades at Home Depot as well. Case still makes knives with Chrome Vanadium steel as well. http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduc...ce=froogle&utm_medium=free&utm_campaign=18708

Last edited:

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    well what brand of stainless blades hold an edge?

Even the least expensive stainless will most likely hold an edge better than a carbon steel blade. Harder to sharpen and hold longer. Carbon steel is easy to sharpen but doesn't hold as long. The benefit is it's easy to sharpen so you can get an obscenely sharp edge on it. The down side is that it will stain and rust easily. The best knives in many peoples opinion is the S30V and 154CM steels. The newest and hardest blade steel is ZDP-189 made by Hitachi, I have one but it;s a bitch to sharpen and it WILL chip.

Here's a resource http://www.cutleryscience.com/reviews/blade_materials.html
    and if you're really interested in learning more about how they stand up, do some searches and read from the couple of knife forums.

Top Bottom