Looking for Father\son or teen competition

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JenJen

Teen boy's Mom
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    West Feliciana
    Hi. I'm not sure the proper way to go about finding this sort of info so I hope this is ok. My son is 16 and has been taught how to handle guns since he could hold one. He and my husband are pretty good marksmen and would like to get involved in some competition if possible. He would normally be looking for this sort of info but his work schedule won't allow it right now. Anyone know of anything reasonably priced within a couple hours drive of West Feliciana?

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    JJ,

Would they be interested in action pistol? We shoot several matches around the southern part of the state every month. If you go to "uspsa.org" and click on the video at the bottoms left it will explain a lot of what we do and how matches are handled. There is a Jr. program for those under 21. It is competition for the whole family, yes you can shoot and we hope you would.
    There are 2 practice sessions held every week, one in Baker at The Baker Range on Jefferson St. (Wed. night) and another at Precision Range on Cloverland in BR (Monday night) both start ~ 6:00 PM.
    If there is anymore information you need send me a PM and I'll get back with you. Between Dan and I we shoot be able to get your family started in the right direction.

Stay Safe,

Beauxdog

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    +1 on getting with Dan
    +2 on getting with Bryan G

Bad thing St. Francisville is kinna far but if they dont mind traveling, I can honestly say that the shooting community that does action pistol is one of the coolest ones I have seen in a long time, and they will welcome and help anybody who shows up with an open mind and a will to learn.

There are quite a few Juniors that your 16 year old should be able to make friends with, the Hickman kids are one of them.

Congrats and welcome.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    We have an 8 year old that shoots steel matches with us. She's only a 1/2 pint but she tries hard and shoots a .22 pistol. Bring your youngster to Precision Monday night ~6 PM and we can get you started. We need and want more junior shoots at matches, they are the next group to lead this country and they need to understand the importance of handling firearms in a safe, productive manner.
    If you need something in the way of equipment, than send me a PM and we should be able to work it out.

Beauxdog

Top Bottom