Looking for home remedies for stuffiness/coughing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunut

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Cut Off, Louisiana
    Hot Tottie, take a shot of your favorite whiskey. Mix in a couple table spoons of heated honey. Some lemon juice if you like. Sip slowly. Rinse and repeat as needed. Helps me sleep at night.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    sometimes it has to do with the internal environment of your house/apt. I change my filter with one of those 3 micron filters every other month, and I dont have pets. Also try a neti-pot. LINK They can be had at most cvs/walgreens for about 10-15 bucks.. also helps after shooting at precision since their filtration system is getting worse

Magpie

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Aug 1, 2007
    Gonzales
    2 shot glasses of southern comfort (or other similar)
    2 teaspoons honey or tablespoons
    1/2 teaspoon lemon juice (fresh squeezed or other)
    stir and drink 1 every 1/2 hour until symptoms subside (or you are asleep or don't care)
    WARNING: DO NOT OPERATE HEAVY EQUIPMENT,DRIVE A VEHICLE OR USE FIREARMS. MAY CAUSE DROWSINESS AND/OR DELAYED REACTIONS. ;)

One above beat me to it!

Last edited:

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    sometimes it has to do with the internal environment of your house/apt. I change my filter with one of those 3 micron filters every other month, and I dont have pets. Also try a neti-pot. LINK They can be had at most cvs/walgreens for about 10-15 bucks.. also helps after shooting at precision since their filtration system is getting worse

That thing works well. It's very awkward and unusual considering what it's doing and how it's doing it but it will flush you out if you use it often.

Magpie

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Aug 1, 2007
    Gonzales
    No kidding, my mom used to give me this when I was a kid. My wifes mother did the same with her but she added peppermints and let them melt and dissolve in also.

Paulup

dot dot dot
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Bush, La
    Give her soup/gumbo, with an excessive amount of Tony's on it, to clear her sinuses. To help her throat, have her stand in the shower with the bathroom doors closed, heater on, and water as hot as it can go, and breathe the steam.

Both of my older boys had croup this week, and this has worked for them.

melisa

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2006
    Gonzales
    Give her soup/gumbo, with an excessive amount of Tony's on it, to clear her sinuses. To help her throat, have her stand in the shower with the bathroom doors closed, heater on, and water as hot as it can go, and breathe the steam.

Both of my older boys had croup this week, and this has worked for them.

Use the vicks vapor rub if she does this...the steam + vapor rubs clears the sinus!

Isn't she a nurse...tell her to just get a shot!

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Use the vicks vapor rub if she does this...the steam + vapor rubs clears the sinus!

Isn't she a nurse...tell her to just get a shot!

She got a shot, just didn't help with her sinuses only the feeling like crap part. I may actually invest in one of those neti-pots, seems like it may help even when you don't have a cold.

LongRange

Weatherby...no Substitute
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    I like to try the more enjoyable things before resorting to the ones that are repugnant.. try sex in the shower.

If it doesnt cure her at least youll feel much better.

TowTruck

Jared
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Denham Springs
    new ingredient for hot toddie : WILD TURKEY HONEY!!!!! warm with lemon juice... might not help but its some good stuff and you'll be hammered and you'll forget about being sick

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eddie Landry
    Top Bottom