Looking to buy my Daughters there first pistol - help me out

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    Get an eight-shot Smith and Wesson 22LR Model 317 with the three inch barrel. They'll have a blast. The very stiff trigger will reduce the possibility of accidental discharges, yet can be easily cocked for single action firing until they have built prehensile strength sufficient to fire it double action.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Good choice, you will be getting them a quality firearm that will last them their life times. Should make a good heirloom for their children too!

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I think its great that you are introducing them to the sport. If you want girly I was at academy and saw some little pink pisols but I have no idea what they were. The only girly pistol I have ever owned was a HK. lol Good luck and happy shooting with the girls.

richiespng

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    We can match the $239 for the Ruger 22/45 Slab Side

P45GCMKIII_1.jpg

For $4.00 more you can get the bull barrel with adjustable sight rear sights.

10107.jpg

Last edited:

Arkangel77

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Picayune - Mississippi
    Well we picked up the three 22/45 with the Bull Barrels today. And my wife went off on me! They all look the same and she is NOT happy! I tried to remind her of the conversations we had and explained how we looked at pictures of the Guns. I even reminded her that I was in favor of revolvers BUT she wanted the AUTO's. In the end it just don't matter!

Now I need to get these things Duracoated! Someone please use one of these .22 and just shoot me! lol

O well its only money right.

Arkangel77

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    You know what? Why don't you teach them safety first and let your daughters personalize it?? That way, they can't be mad at you or anyone else but their own since they designed their own?

Oh and congrats! I will be getting one sooner or later.

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    HAHA! Ok. Sorry but I would definitely let them personalize it. Bring that idea up to the wifey. She might just let that slide....and pray the pistols doesn't get "jeweled"...hehe. Good luck.

Beeramid

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Near Lafayette, La
    A .22 is perfect to start new or young shooters on, they can learn the basics of pistol shooting before they move up. That said, I'm not sold on the pot metal .22 pistols like the SIG Mosquito or the P22. The Browning Buckmark is a fine line of .22 pistols.

bronzdragon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Yardley, PA
    My daughter just turned 12 and I got her a Sig Mosquito and she loves it. It's a great shooter, provided you follow a few guidelines....1) clean it every time you shoot it from the powder residue, 2) lube it well and 3) fire CCI Mini-mags. I went with the Sig after going through a lot of investigation because 1) I like Sigs and 2) I don't like the "lugerish" look of the Ruger and Buckmark series of .22s (personal choice though because those series get great reviews.)

It's kinda cool to come home from work and have your daughter who is usually "doing something in her room" to come up to you and say "hey dad, can we go to the range tonight?" No matter how bad a day I've had, that always makes me smile and think that at least there's one thing I've done right.

~rc~

Last edited:

Arkangel77

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Picayune - Mississippi
    Thanks for the Input guys.

Good Ideas. I may pitch the idea of letting the girls customize them but honestly, I am not sure my wife will go for it. If she dose, Lets hope my Daughters don't Be-Jewel them! LOL

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Thanks for the Input guys.

Good Ideas. I may pitch the idea of letting the girls customize them but honestly, I am not sure my wife will go for it. If she dose, Lets hope my Daughters don't Be-Jewel them! LOL

I think there is a sponsor on here that does durarcoating, although I hear it is not hard to do at home if you follow the instructions. Congrats on the guns, They will enjoy them!

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    JUst send the lowers to Daniel with Plate Tacular (forum sponsor), he will hook you up and make them each unique to the girls style and likes, IF the 22/45 is ANY like the other ones from the Ruger line the Serial number is on the upper and NOT in the lower, granted you will have to dissasemble them to ship out to him since you are in MS and he is in LA the transfer would have to be done through an FFL otherwise, there is NOTHING to taking them apart though and saving you a few dollars in the process.

Daniel has hooked me up in the past and his work is EXTREMELY good, and the guy in an expert at what he does.

Another option in Louisiana would be Mr. Jace Otipoby with Precision Coats he is located in Carencro Louisiana and does superb work as well, his turn around time is about 5 weeks BUT his coats are G2G as well.

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Well we picked up the three 22/45 with the Bull Barrels today. And my wife went off on me! They all look the same and she is NOT happy! I tried to remind her of the conversations we had and explained how we looked at pictures of the Guns. I even reminded her that I was in favor of revolvers BUT she wanted the AUTO's. In the end it just don't matter!

Now I need to get these things Duracoated! Someone please use one of these .22 and just shoot me! lol

O well its only money right.

Arkangel77

You could get a different color Pac-Lite barrel for each one! It'll only cost a little more than you paid for the guns ;)

bronzdragon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Yardley, PA
    I'd say just let them pick out different range bags and go to town on the bags. It would be much cheaper and give them individuality. Pick out different muffs, eye protection etc ... stuff you'll need anyway.

My daughter was the exact opposite. I let her look at the pink guns and the assortment available and she just told me, "dad, a gun is supposed to be black, not pink." lol
    ~rc~

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom