Looking to get some work done on a 1911

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sevenpt62

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    hammond, la
    Hey guys, I'm looking for someone not too far from me to do some work on a kimber tle I just bought used. Gun is in great shape but when I was checking it over I noticed it had an occasional hammer follow. I would also like to get it bobtailed.

CG&L

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Pine Grove, La
    I'm not too far from you. Pine Grove is 16 miles west of Amite on HWY 16. Building a custom 1911 and doing trigger work is no problem.
    No bobtailing at this time.
    The hammer follow on your Kimber tells me somebody did their own gunsmith work. If so, you'll need a new hammer and sear. I really depends on how agressive the previous owner got with it. It's possible something can be done to fix what you have.

If you want you can bring it to my shop and we can take a look to determine what needs to be done.

I'm starting a new shop and have an FFL so my prices are going to start very low with a quick turnaround time. There's also a berm in the back yard for testing.
    It might be a good idea to come by to see what's going on. I might have some services you would be interested in.

contact info

cgandl@centurylink.net
    cell (985)518-0164

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I'm not too far from you. Pine Grove is 16 miles west of Amite on HWY 16. Building a custom 1911 and doing trigger work is no problem.
    No bobtailing at this time.
    The hammer follow on your Kimber tells me somebody did their own gunsmith work. If so, you'll need a new hammer and sear. I really depends on how agressive the previous owner got with it. It's possible something can be done to fix what you have.

If you want you can bring it to my shop and we can take a look to determine what needs to be done.

I'm starting a new shop and have an FFL so my prices are going to start very low with a quick turnaround time. There's also a berm in the back yard for testing.
    It might be a good idea to come by to see what's going on. I might have some services you would be interested in.

contact info

cgandl@centurylink.net
    cell (985)518-0164

Are you North or South of Hwy 1041 on Hwy 449?

CG&L

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Pine Grove, La
    There's a NAPA Auto Parts store in Pine Grove on Hwy 16. Hwy 449 goes right through Pine Grove. Hwy 1041 starts/ends in Pine Grove 100 yards or so East of Hwy 449

I live on Hwy 449 2.5 mils south of Pine Grove

Since the shop is right beside my house, I'm open 7 days a week, all day until 7 or 8:00PM. Later if there's an emergency. I also have enough to parts to build a 1911 on hand

If you have something that needs work, I can probably get it do while you wait. There's also a bench and a berm if you want to sight in a 22 wile you wait

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    There's a NAPA Auto Parts store in Pine Grove on Hwy 16. Hwy 449 goes right through Pine Grove. Hwy 1041 starts/ends in Pine Grove 100 yards or so East of Hwy 449

I live on Hwy 449 2.5 mils south of Pine Grove

Since the shop is right beside my house, I'm open 7 days a week, all day until 7 or 8:00PM. Later if there's an emergency. I also have enough to parts to build a 1911 on hand

If you have something that needs work, I can probably get it do while you wait. There's also a bench and a berm if you want to sight in a 22 wile you wait

Went by your house twice today and did not see any signs in the area other than the Bunny Rabbit sign.

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I'd be happy to take care of it for you. Sounds like a bad trigger job. I can also do the Bobtail for you. Here's a pic of one of bobtail jobs. I did some slide milling on it too. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456699788.596386.jpg
    Here it it after Cerakote ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456699826.129908.jpg

CG&L

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Pine Grove, La
    JBP55

That gravel road that the Bunny man lives on is called Homestead Drive. I'm at the very end in the yellow house on the right, no way to miss it. If you went down Homestead Drive, you turned around right in front of my house.

I don't have any signs up and it's not a store front. It's a shop beside my house

Stop by some time. It would be a good idea to call first. I make occasional trips to Home Depot or the grocery store

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    JBP55

That gravel road that the Bunny man lives on is called Homestead Drive. I'm at the very end in the yellow house on the right, no way to miss it. If you went down Homestead Drive, you turned around right in front of my house.

I don't have any signs up and it's not a store front. It's a shop beside my house

Stop by some time. It would be a good idea to call first. I make occasional trips to Home Depot or the grocery store

I know exactly where Homestead Drive is, I will call next time I am in the area.

jussaddwata

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Prairieville
    Hey guys, I'm looking for someone not too far from me to do some work on a kimber tle I just bought used. Gun is in great shape but when I was checking it over I noticed it had an occasional hammer follow. I would also like to get it bobtailed.

I just picked up two of my 1911's from Jake earlier today and what can i say. I could tell right away when I racked the slide on my sig it is smooth as silk, much much better now that Jake got a hold of it. The trigger is slick as snot and breaks clean every time. He also tuned up my kimber carry pistol for me . I'm ready to see how they run now. Looking forward to getting the other one back, I know it will be just as sweet as the other two.

Thanks jake

Last edited:
    Top Bottom