Loss of immunity for LEO

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    So basically because I’m a supervisor if someone under my supervision goes out and does something stupid I’m going to be held personally liable. It doesn’t specify if I have to be present or not. It also guarantees the chief/sheriff on down will be personally sued every time. I’m sure this law will help retain veteran officers and also recruit new ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    Cops here are going to be reduced to what cops are in England now. Stick welding tea sippers. "STOP!, I have a Stick and Know How to Use it!"

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    im sure response time and patrols in known bad areas will increase being you have protection for you and your family if your in a situation and have to use deadly force.... right....

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Everything in the media and politics lately, has me happy I made the decision to not apply for/become a LEO a while back when I was strongly considering it

If I buy some military time I will have a year left but I’d like to stay a little longer on the DROP. We will see what happens.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    If I buy some military time I will have a year left but I’d like to stay a little longer on the DROP. We will see what happens.

I've got a year and ten months to reach eligibility by age and years combination (50 with 20+) at which point I could pull the pin if things are too far gone. I want to stay to max out, but that whirlpool current near the drain is starting to form up and pick up speed rather ominously, right?

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    The rise of Crime is intentional and planned. Once Anarchy starts the powers that be will use it as an excuse to swoop in with Tyrannical tactics. It is away to rewrite this country and to get the people on board because they are being "Saved" This classic tactic has been done time and time again through out History. The Nazi and Soviets where two of the biggest examples. The Scape Goat this time is White Males. With Nazi's it was Jews and with the Soviets it was Capitalist.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    The rise of Crime is intentional and planned. Once Anarchy starts the powers that be will use it as an excuse to swoop in with Tyrannical tactics. It is away to rewrite this country and to get the people on board because they are being "Saved" This classic tactic has been done time and time again through out History. The Nazi and Soviets where two of the biggest examples. The Scape Goat this time is White Males. With Nazi's it was Jews and with the Soviets it was Capitalist.
    100% my thinking also

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    So what do they think will happen if the police are degraded to the point no one wants the job?

People who think this way have already provided enough evidence that they do a poor job of "policing themselves"- so it's no big mystery where that scenario would lead.

If only those opposed to a civil society would go live where uncivil society is a matter of policy....:dunno:

sarky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Due to the power we give cops, they MUST be held to a higher standard! And it is more than obvious that they are not held to that higher standard, and who pays the price for their over zealous and many times ILLEGAL interactions with the public???? The damn tax payer is the one who gets screwed! Now as a cop, you can quit, get your own liability insurance, or have your union insure you. It is long past time that the taxpayer pays for your screwups. I keep hearing how it is just a few bad cops, so tell me, why aren't these bad cops gone and blackballed from EVER serving as a cop again??? Why do I see news reports of good cops being fired or driven out because they filed a report against a bad cop????

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Due to the power we give cops, they MUST be held to a higher standard! And it is more than obvious that they are not held to that higher standard, and who pays the price for their over zealous and many times ILLEGAL interactions with the public???? The damn tax payer is the one who gets screwed! Now as a cop, you can quit, get your own liability insurance, or have your union insure you. It is long past time that the taxpayer pays for your screwups. I keep hearing how it is just a few bad cops, so tell me, why aren't these bad cops gone and blackballed from EVER serving as a cop again??? Why do I see news reports of good cops being fired or driven out because they filed a report against a bad cop????
    I understand where you are coming from . We often hear cops comment on how hard it is to investigate crimes because the gang bangers have a code and don't snitch but it seems some cops go by the same code . Maybe it's job security for some but some cops often protect each other . Personally I would like to see prosecutors held liable for attempting to jail people because of shotty investigation practices .

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    why aren't these bad cops gone and blackballed from EVER serving as a cop again???

Because the job of a police officer is not enticing and difficult to fill - long, hard hours, under paid, terrible political climate/culture. They also have to compete with private sector jobs that are much more enticing. There are a lot of positions to fill and not a lot of applicants. You can't have everyone follow high expectations/standards when you can't back it up. They need to paid more or make the job more enticing in some way, so they can be more selective and hire the best.

Peabrain42

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2021
    Boonies
    . Personally I would like to see prosecutors held liable for attempting to jail people because of shotty investigation practices .

You said a mouthful there brotha.

As far as being underpaid ,overworked.How do you figure.My wife makes 45k a year as
    a wally world district manager.A regular LEO salary runs around 57-60k a year.They are
    well paid,well accepted for many free meals.All I hear is whine whine,how about thanks
    for the job ,how may I assist you today.Not your impeding my coffee time or drinkly
    winky time..Well that is the way it use to be 10 years ago.AT least I felt somewhat
    safer.

Top Bottom