Louisiana Elections 2023 - Pro-2a candidates?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    In-Person voting in BR is during 2 LSU home games, one vs Auburn, so we are probably totally skrewed...but maybe not.

It's that time to select our local tyrants and trashbags, I mean politicians, so lets get the best ones!

Who are the Pro-2a candidates this year, especially for Sheriff and Judge positions?

In Baton Rouge we have Sid Gautreaux as Sheriff, who was a Democrat until 2011 and is an Anti-2a "Republican" who strongly opposed La Permitless/Constitutional Carry. He's a very fun and charming person, very difficult to dislike, but this isn't personal it's politics.

Jeffry Lamont Sanford is running for EBR Sheriff. He's a "No Party" Libertarian, which means he is pro-2a, and he has honor and "balls"...he actually got sent to jail over making a scene in court after he found out that a jury was tainted and his client was facing an unfair trial. This is impressive to me. He is a quirky person, not as likable as Sid Gautreux, and without the social grace or social training that Gautreaux has...but this isn't personal, it's politics, so he gets my vote this year.

I do not know about Judges in BR: Kyle Russ is running for Family Court Judge...He is a Republican endorsed by Hillar Moore, who is a Democrat. Hillar Moore is a very nice person, but his endorsements show you who the Democrats are that are running for Republican offices, as an example: Jenn Racca...who is a RINO that is ultimately seeking a Judge position after her last failed bid, and she supports big business/money development and liberal policies, she anti-single family/anti-family neighborhoods/anti-conservation and on metro-council she has repeatedly supported developments in wetlands/flood zones and has been a major part/supporter of BR's deforestation.

We have very slim pickings here, between the "Dixiecrats" and the "RINOs" who are perpetually trying to take over the local political scene.

Who ya got? Do we have anyone to vote for?

List your Parish and your Politicians in the comments below,

GO!

Forgotten

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 30, 2016
    Lafayette, LA
    I've been thinking about running for office. As a democrat, so I can work against the left. You know, how they do against the right. What's the opposite of a RINO? LOL DINO?
    I've also considered running for local office as "Village Idiot" currently I'm running unopposed.
    I enjoy going around visiting the locals, kiss hands, shaking babies. AND If you vote for me as your local "Village Idiot" I assure you I will do nothing for nobody and disagree with everyone on everything.

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    I've also considered running for local office as "Village Idiot" currently I'm running unopposed.
    I enjoy going around visiting the locals, kiss hands, shaking babies. AND If you vote for me as your local "Village Idiot" I assure you I will do nothing for nobody and disagree with everyone on everything.
    Wait, I thought Brandon had that position locked up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adgram1013
    Top Bottom