Louisiana Precision Rifles - 6mm Creedmoor

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Built by: William Roscoe (owner LA Precision Rifles)
    Caliber: 6mm Creedmoor
    Action: Louisiana Precision Signature Receiver (built by Defiance)
    Barrel: 26" Bartlein GAP Contour threaded 5/8" x 24
    Stock: KMW SENTINEL; LOP spacer system, Logger Head adjustable cheek piece
    Bottom Metal: KMW
    Trigger: Jewell set to 8oz.
    Rings: Seekins 34mm 1.00" High
    Optic: S&B 5-25x56 PM II LP CCW MIL MSR reticle.
    Bipod: ATLAS with QD
    Brake: JEC Custom 6mm
    Coating: Cerakote Flat Black

I got the rifle and did load development based off of George Gardner’s recommendation for a starting load. The load ended up being 41.7gr of H4350 under a 105 Berger Hybrid in a Hornady 6mm Creedmoor case with a CCI BR2 primer. 10 shot string over a Magneto Speed V2 was Avg. 3064 fps, ES 18, SD 5.

I’ve only had it for 2 weeks and I took it to the Oklahoma Shoot for the Green match this past weekend and got hits at 1173 and 1300 so I’d say it’s working.

91ea9e.jpg

wrmcxv.jpg

w6w0t4.jpg

2qth0ur.jpg

sevx39.jpg

30hvwhw.jpg

All of the following targets were shot on the same day. Only had time to shoot at each distance once so here are the results.

This is a 9 round group at 100 yards. My aim point was the 6.5mm hole I am pointing at that I shot with my .260 just prior to this.

315d98l.jpg

200 Yards 2 shots just to check come up, 1" orange dot.
    34jes60.jpg

300 Yards 3 shots just to check come up, 1" orange dot.
    16lgsci.jpg

500 yards 5 shots 10" Square
    2ilkbwn.jpg

800 yards in BAD mirage, 10 shots. Really not a good group but I wanted to show everything not just the cherry picked ones.
    33moio2.jpg

24* Diamond (square on point) at the OK Match 1173 yards, First round impact.

al0uo4.jpg

54gler.jpg

1300 yard Elk silhouette with a 24* red square that was the target at 1300 yards. In 20 mph cross wind, it took 6 Mils of correction for wind and I got a second, third and fourth round impact.
    fjzr4z.jpg

Last edited:

bjb550

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Thats a fine rifle you've got there. I've got a .338 lapua build with William at Louisiana Precision Rifles, it's been a long wait but from the pics of his other builds and the quality end result it will deff be worth the wait.

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    freedive10,
    I clarified the post to reflect the builder as I only ordered the stock from Terry. Most of Terry's work is agency / LEO / Mil contract builds but he actually does do production runs in between agency orders in certain calibers. Basically he builds whatever he wants and puts them up for sale. So you will get a rifle in a KMW SENTINEL in whatever caliber he wanted to build and in the configuration he chose. AFAIK YOU DO NOT get to choose ANYTHING such as length, color, caliber ect. Building for the public is a real pain in the ass as the average guy orders a rifle then 2 weeks later is asking how is the progress coming along. When in reality the PARTS ALONE are 6-9 months out on actions, stocks and barrels THEN you get in line for the build which could be another 6 months or more. Most people do not want to wait that long as they want instant gratification. Couple all of that with the phone calls from individuals checking status and wanting to change their order every week that keeps the builder on the phone and away from the lathe doing actual work it is just not worth it. So in short you may be able to get one but plan on waiting 1-2 years and you are going to get what you get.

bjb550,
    William only knows how to build rifles one way, which is the correct way and he only produces one level of rifle which is top notch. Rifle building is not his primary job, as he does such on the side, so you may have to wait a bit but it will be 100% when you get it.

Last edited:

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    I cleaned the bore last night in preparation for a match this weekend as it had been 283 rounds since the last cleaning. I always foul my bore before a match as your first round on a clean bore usually has a different impact than a fouled barrel. The first high shot was the clean bore then the next 4 in the cluster. The 4 shots measure 0.205" center to center. 1" orange dot. This isn't a cherry picked group as it was just what I shot today and was witnessed by another member. I posted this not to try to brag but to show what the potential of a properly built custom rifle can do. If you have a custom built gun built the correct way 1/4 MOA is normal. If all you want to do is kill deer at < 200 yards then this is excessive.
    qutybahu.jpg

Last edited:

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Wait time on custom builds vary based on what parts you want or are available. If you have to order a stock your looking at 6 months just for the stock to come in. 6-9 months is not unheard of. If you have all the parts in hand and "you know a guy" it could happen in 1-2 weeks. It really just depends.

Last edited:

madppcs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Forest Hill
    I live literally 5 minutes away from Terry and I cant even get himn to thread a barrel much less build me a rifle, lol

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cherry-Bandit
    Top Bottom