Lower for SBR question in relation to a Trust.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usafcajun

USAF/LEO/IT
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 18, 2008
    Assumption Parish
    Here are the questions I have. I'm having a trust drawn up now by Mouthpiece so that I can build my first AR SBR and have my PS90 SBR'd as well. Also the possibility of getting a suppressor is looming large. :) My first question is based on the fact that I picked up a couple of the Palmetto lowers in the last group buy. If I transfer them to the trust with the intent of using them to build an SBR does it have to be registered, and by registered I mean what was on the 4473, as an SBR lower? Will this incur any other cost other than my $200 tax stamp for the manufacture of the SBR?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Why would you need to transfer it to the trust? Do you register your guns when you buy them? A nics check doesn't register it. All you should need to do is fill out the form 1 with the trust info and go from there. If the 4473 had sbr lower on it you would have immediately needed to do the atf paperwork and pay the tax tax stamp before taking possession.

Last edited:

usafcajun

USAF/LEO/IT
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 18, 2008
    Assumption Parish
    Thanks. Even though I know some of this already I still ask stupid questions it seems. I know the NICS check doesn't register it. After the trust is finished I'll see about starting the paperwork for the state before I build it as well.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Yeah I just asked a ton of dumb questions in one of my thread's on class iii. Forgot to mention state paperwork. Good thing you knew about it!! lol

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    usafcajun Once the trust is drawn up you then start the registration process with the state, then the ATF when your state forms come back. You will just list the trust as the maker of the SBR. Once your form-1 clears you will list it on your schedule A and it then becomes property of the trust. You don't need to transfer them to the trust as they will just become property of the trust. To start the trust I just listed $$$ held in a bank account. So far so good.

Top Bottom