Lowers and LPKs?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    The lancers drop free because of the metal feed lips, less friction and probably slightly smaller than polymer. Had the same issue with one of my rifles, had to have the mag well opened up a little. Where'd you get the lower?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    PMags are slightly oversized compared to mil-spec GI mags. That said they should still work fine in any lower milled to proper spec. It's not horribly uncommon, and typically the lower manufacturer will just blame the mags. In my experience Rock River does tend to spec on the tight side of everything.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    The lancers drop free because of the metal feed lips, less friction and probably slightly smaller than polymer. Had the same issue with one of my rifles, had to have the mag well opened up a little. Where'd you get the lower?

It's a Rock River. They said to send it in and they would check it out. I'm gonna put some marking compound in the mag well and put the tightest mag in a couple times then hit it with a file no big deal.
    I just don't think I will buy anymore of them and that's a shame because I like everything else about the lower.

Does DD sell striped lowers?

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    It's a Rock River. They said to send it in and they would check it out. I'm gonna put some marking compound in the mag well and put the tightest mag in a couple times then hit it with a file no big deal.
    I just don't think I will buy anymore of them and that's a shame because I like everything else about the lower.

Does DD sell striped lowers?

Do you think the file would make the surface less smooth, grabbing the mags more? Maybe sandpaper would be better? You're handier than I am by a lot, so I'm asking out of curiosity, not making a suggestion.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    No, they haven't for years. There's plenty of other quality lowers on the market though. Aero Precision, Rainier, etc etc. Even a PSA will get the job done.

It seems like a lot of shops stock Spikes stripped lowers not sure if that's a good or bad thing?

I wanna pick up a few lowers at one time just don't wanna buy something and then regret it after. I might be better off not buying all the same brand.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Do you think the file would make the surface less smooth, grabbing the mags more? Maybe sandpaper would be better? You're handier than I am by a lot, so I'm asking out of curiosity, not making a suggestion.

I would use a file, course stone then a fine stone. I just think a file and stone will be easier to keep flat in the mag well.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    It seems like a lot of shops stock Spikes stripped lowers not sure if that's a good or bad thing?

I wanna pick up a few lowers at one time just don't wanna buy something and then regret it after. I might be better off not buying all the same brand.

Spikes should be G2G. I'm not a huge fan of their rifles or uppers but I've never heard anything bad about their lowers and have built a few for friends with no issues.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Spikes should be G2G. I'm not a huge fan of their rifles or uppers but I've never heard anything bad about their lowers and have built a few for friends with no issues.

Thanks I'm gonna try to hunt down 4 lowers this weekend. That way I can open up my options for uppers online and don't have to deal with shipping to FFLs.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Why don't you skip buying all the different lowers and parts kits and get some bcm assembled lowers?

Those are nice but they suspended taking orders for them. Then I gotta deal with shipping to an FFL. This is gonna sound crazy but I only use fixed stocks so I would have to swap stocks and the buffer assembly anyway.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    OK I can get a pretty good deal on a couple ALG QMS trigger kits. Everyone seems to talk pretty good about ALG so I think they are g2g.

Top Bottom