LSU and the 2011 BCS National Championship

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Can you taste the grass yet?? :D

Just read on will ya?

Miles lays it all out below, and anyone that knows anything about College Football can tell you that LSU's chances in the NC game, really aren't that far out there. At least anyone who remembers LSU football in 2007 ;)

Like they say the only thing predictable about College Football is it's unpredictability. (2010 New Mexico Bowl ring a bell?)

Miles draws on his own experience in 2007 when explaining why he won't count the Tigers out yet. That's when two-loss LSU beat Tennessee in for SEC championship, then found out on the plane ride home about Missouri's loss in the Big 12 title game and Pittsburgh's shocking upset of West Virginia — results that allowed the Tigers to play — and defeat — Ohio State for the national title.

Read it all below;
    http://www.ajc.com/sports/miles-top-ranked-sec-742382.html

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    They can't do it without the SEC championship game. The BCS computers won't give enough slack without that extra game..... Unless everybody else in the top 5 starts dropping games like crazy.

YellowChevy

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Although techinically possible, I'm not getting my hopes for an appearance in the NC game this year.

In my opinion, if LSU wins out the remaining 2 games and goes to the Sugar Bowl then thats still a very successful season. If that happens and they win the Sugar Bowl, not many other teams in the country would have an impressive 12-1 record. Also, if LSU's only loss is to undefeated #1 or #2 Auburn team then there is no reason to hold our head down. Anything thing less than the Capital One Bowl would be a disappointment to me.

LSU ATC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Red Stick
    I think Auburn will have to lose the next two games. We always heard it's better to lose at the start of the season and not at the end. I am a believer of this because of media knee jerk reaction changing on a weekly basis. So, I think we could jump ahead of Auburn if they lose to Alabama since we did beat Alabama. However, while we sit at home, Auburn plays a top 20 team at a neutral site. If they beat SCAR, I think they jump us again and play for the BCS.

I think the Utah loss to Notre Dame keeps TCU out of the picture. They barely hang on to San Jose St and only have 1 game left to impress the voters while Boise has a top 25 team left to play and 3 games left. If Boise does beat Nevada convincingly they just may maintain the #2 spot if they win out. Still a lot of football to play as we learned in 2007.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Let Cam Newton leave Auburn holding the bag before next week, and all bets are off. I predict they lose at Alabama, anyway- with or without Newton.

Anything is possible- especially when the "Les Miles Voodoo" is in the mix....

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Let Cam Newton leave Auburn holding the bag before next week, and all bets are off. I predict they lose at Alabama, anyway- with or without Newton.

Before it's all said and done Auburn will probably forefiet this whole season.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Unless everybody else in the top 5 starts dropping games like crazy.

Which has happen before. ;)

Although techinically possible, I'm not getting my hopes for an appearance in the NC game this year.

In my opinion, if LSU wins out the remaining 2 games and goes to the Sugar Bowl then thats still a very successful season. If that happens and they win the Sugar Bowl, not many other teams in the country would have an impressive 12-1 record. Also, if LSU's only loss is to undefeated #1 or #2 Auburn team then there is no reason to hold our head down. Anything thing less than the Capital One Bowl would be a disappointment to me.

+1

dbolemiss

Rebel Fan
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    New Iberia,LA
    motivator8023278.jpg

You guys need to slow your roll...
    Hotty Toddy!!!!!

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Buck Ofama said "I do... well, I go to all my friends' tailgates and steal their beer and food if that counts." Guess you're not the one I am looking for as they already have one bum st that party :cheers:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Buck Ofama said "I do... well, I go to all my friends' tailgates and steal their beer and food if that counts." Guess you're not the one I am looking for as they already have one bum st that party :cheers:

LMS, any reason why you wouldn't just use THIS BUTTON>
    quote.gif
    instead of copy/pasting who you are talking to??

Just asking :D

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    LMS, any reason why you wouldn't just use THIS BUTTON>
    quote.gif
    instead of copy/pasting who you are talking to??

Just asking :D

Blind ,dumb and don't give a s*** at my age . :mamoru:

Hitman ,maybe I was a little too strong with my comment . Tissue ?

Last edited:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    And Cam Newton ain't going anywhere , any time soon . IF something were to go down , it'll be too late to affect things this season . Just my opinion .

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    McFreddieMercury
    Top Bottom