LSU Last Night

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    So who went to the game? Anyone else partake in the rushing of the field? That was the most fun I have had at an LSU game ever. The stadium was electric ALL night!

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    That was definitely another game in the books of all time Classics in this Rivalry!

LSU's defense was playing LIGHTS OUT!

The offense couldn't get off their own feet.

Les ices the kicker, which changes Hugh Freeze's mind to put Bo back on the field for a quick out.
    Bo Freaks, goes for broke INT ends it - INSTANT CLASSIC!

...man there were so many things that happen in that game.

Fournette's Beast Mode Face Mask Run,
    Hilliard tossing Defenders around like dolls.

Damn Fan dies, allegedly of a Heart Attack as the ball was INT's at the end.....

Game had everything.....crazy.

I couldn't imagine being there.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    That was definitely another game in the books of all time Classics in this Rivalry!

LSU's defense was playing LIGHTS OUT!

The offense couldn't get off their own feet.

Les ices the kicker, which changes Hugh Freeze's mind to put Bo back on the field for a quick out.
    Bo Freaks, goes for broke INT ends it - INSTANT CLASSIC!

...man there were so many things that happen in that game.

Fournette's Beast Mode Face Mask Run,
    Hilliard tossing Defenders around like dolls.

Damn Fan dies, allegedly of a Heart Attack as the ball was INT's at the end.....

Game had everything.....crazy.

I couldn't imagine being there.
    It was CRAZY. I have a bunch of videos from the student section and everyone was joining in on the cheers. Normally most of the stadium clears out after halftime, but this game it was crowded all the way to the end. The band also nailed it. I mean the level of adrenaline going through everyone in the entire stadium had to have been off the charts. I don't know how the offence on the other team did anything...it was so loud in there that there is no way they could hear each other.

Then at the very end right when we knew for a fact we won, the whole student section started throwing bottles of water, popcorn, et cetera into the air. It was just like confetti all over the whole stadium. The announcers then quickly reminded everyone to stop throwing items onto the field and to NOT go onto the field. Well, then the entire student section of damn near 10,000 people storms the field and starts crowd surfing the players, jumping up and down, and just generally going crazy.

We even started cheering "We want Neck, we want Neck" - but the band wasn't allowed to play it due to the whole #STTDB thing. So, like any good group of college students, everyone just started cheering it anyway. Getting off of the field was interesting too haha.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    I have a daughter on the Tiger Band Color Guard and she said it was CRAZY!!!! Wish I would have been there but had a band competition for my younger daughter....Incredible just listening to it on the radio. Classic for sure!!

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I watched it on the telly. It was one of the most exciting games I've seen in a while. The defense had their way with the Rebel offense for most of the night. The running game was outstanding and once again we don't have a QB who can hit a receiver to compliment the running game. Shades of Jordan Jefferson.
    I was extremely disappointed in the actions of Bo Wallace at the end of the game when he left the field early before the final gun. Great show of sore loser attitude. He was pretty cocky all through the game showing the fans behind the Rebel bench that Ole Miss was number 3. Clearly an unsportsmanlike act in my opinion.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    The cops really did not want us to get to the goal post! Attached is also a picture I took from the field right before we started to leave. And I have a bunch of friends in the band, so had to take one of them too!

dygymyme.jpg
    pezu8ega.jpg
    atanynym.jpg

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    I was up in the South end zone upper deck. What a night! It wasn't the best game I've been to in Tiger Stadium, that would be LSU-Tenn in 2000. Or the most exhausting, that would be LSU - Auburn 2007. But it WAS the craziest game I've ever been to and one of the loudest. A guy who sits in front of me told me about the time his dad had a heart attack yelling at a really close LSU road game and I always wonder what all the yelling at these close games is doing to my heart.(Probably not as much damage as the food at the tailgate!) Seem that a guy my age sitting in the South end zone died of a heart attack Saturday night! But it was a great game, one we'll talk about for years to come.

You can't really get down to the field from my seats but I was a little upset that everyone rushed the field. My take on rushing the field and pulling down goalposts is that schools that have GREAT football programs, that compete at the highest level year after year shouldn't do that. You just win then go home. Rushing the field is for schools that are surprised when they beat a top 10 school. LSU fans should NEVER be surprised when LSU wins at home.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    If you think that was crazy.......

.....wait until November 8th. :D

When these two walk in that stadium, the boos will be heard in Lafayette. :dogkeke:

BdtqjOeCYAAQElf.png:large

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    If you think that was crazy.......

.....wait until November 8th. :D

When these two walk in that stadium, the boos will be heard in Lafayette. :dogkeke:

BdtqjOeCYAAQElf.png:large

And when we win the cheers will be heard in Canada.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

cricht0n

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Zachary
    Yeah, it reminded me of the 2000 season, when the student section stormed the field and pulled down the goal post twice. Seeing the guards around it in your picture made me think of a "friend" that stole a piece of the Tiger eye from the middle of the field at the 2000 Alabama game. I wonder where that piece of turf is now.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Yeah, it reminded me of the 2000 season, when the student section stormed the field and pulled down the goal post twice. Seeing the guards around it in your picture made me think of a "friend" that stole a piece of the Tiger eye from the middle of the field at the 2000 Alabama game. I wonder where that price of turf is now.

There was a kid next to me who reached down, grabbed a piece of grass, and ate it. No joke. I was like man... Really?

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It was CRAZY. I have a bunch of videos from the student section and everyone was joining in on the cheers. Normally most of the stadium clears out after halftime, but this game it was crowded all the way to the end. The band also nailed it. I mean the level of adrenaline going through everyone in the entire stadium had to have been off the charts. I don't know how the offence on the other team did anything...it was so loud in there that there is no way they could hear each other.

Then at the very end right when we knew for a fact we won, the whole student section started throwing bottles of water, popcorn, et cetera into the air. It was just like confetti all over the whole stadium. The announcers then quickly reminded everyone to stop throwing items onto the field and to NOT go onto the field. Well, then the entire student section of damn near 10,000 people storms the field and starts crowd surfing the players, jumping up and down, and just generally going crazy.

We even started cheering "We want Neck, we want Neck" - but the band wasn't allowed to play it due to the whole #STTDB thing. So, like any good group of college students, everyone just started cheering it anyway. Getting off of the field was interesting too haha.

So LSU has to only be trailing by a touchdown or less for the fans to stay a whole game? :mamoru:

And thank goodness for the student section (or what's left of it), they are the only fans that stick a game out, good or bad. Hopefully the TAF won't take away more of their seats to sell to more fair weather fans with money. :(

And anyone that doesn't wear purple or gold at the game is a douche! :madfawk:

jmeng

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Great game, one of the best I've been to in a while. See a few people complaining about the offense or the QB. The running game was STOUT, hard to complain when you're averaging 4+ yards per carry against one of the best run defenses in the country. And while Jennings isn't Peyton Manning, he's steadily improving and made some very clutch throws. Better than JJ ever was IMO.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I was extremely disappointed in the actions of Bo Wallace at the end of the game when he left the field early before the final gun. Great show of sore loser attitude. He was pretty cocky all through the game showing the fans behind the Rebel bench that Ole Miss was number 3. Clearly an unsportsmanlike act in my opinion.

Well, if it's any consolation; he pretty much sealed the deal on them not getting in the playoffs. So F him! He looked like an arrogant a-hole!

They have some monumental SEC match ups coming. It will have huge ramifications on the final 4 teams. It's almost a shame that the SEC will eat several of their own between now and then. It's just a matter of who falls. Then the likes of Michigan State, Oregon, Notre Dame just sit back and play cupcake games to hold their place. I don't think those three could beat any of the top 8 SEC teams. As crazy as this sounds, LSU could beat Alabama, win out, and depending on Miss St. staying unbeaten (a tough task), and whether they go and win the SEC Championship; end up in the playoffs. :eek3:

Today's Coaches Poll
    1 Mississippi State (41)7-0 1,528 1 Ark, UTM, Ala, Vandy, Ole Miss
    2 Florida State (21)7-0 1,508 2
    3 Alabama 7-1 1,351 4 LSU, Miss. St., W. Carolina, Auburn
    4 Auburn 6-1 1,276 6 Ole Miss, Tex A&M, Georgia, Samford, Ala.
    5 Michigan State 7-1 1,269 5
    6 Oregon 7-1 1,217 7
    7 Notre Dame 6-1 1,170 8
    8 Georgia 6-1 1,069 9 Fla, Kent, Aub, Charleston, Ga. Tech.
    9 Mississippi7-1 1,067 3 Auburn, Presb., Ark, Miss St.
    10 TCU 6-1 1,057 10
    11 Kansas State 6-1 979 11
    12 Baylor 6-1 848 13
    13 Ohio State 6-1 817 12
    14 Arizona State 6-1 712 14
    15 Arizona 6-1 652 15
    16 Nebraska 7-1 623 16
    17 LSU 7-2 455 23
    18 Utah 6-1 454 19
    19 East Carolina 6-1 448 17
    20 Oklahoma 5-2

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Just heard CBS picked LSU-BAMA for the 7:00 PM TIME SLOT!!!!!

This is gonna be HUGE!!:hi5:

If I were a restaurant owner in Baton Rouge I would announce that I will be closed!

The upside is, if any of you couldn't give two s**ts about LSU or football, this Saturday would be an exceptional opportunity to take your girlfriend or wife out to dinner and have an entire restaurant to yourselves. :p

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom