LSU Last Night

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    If I were a restaurant owner in Baton Rouge I would announce that I will be closed!

The upside is, if any of you couldn't give two s**ts about LSU or football, this Saturday would be an exceptional opportunity to take your girlfriend or wife out to dinner and have an entire restaurant to yourselves. :p

The downside will be parking anywhere in Baton Rouge near LSU lol

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    The downside will be parking anywhere in Baton Rouge near LSU lol

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

Last year was a nightmare, just as the years before, and I can only imagine how bad it will be this year. I think a trip to a brew pub with a big screen will happen this year.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I'll have my usual recliner at the deer camp.

And I've said since the summer that LSU will beat Bama in TS this year. I am standing by that. EMPEROR. :mad:

:dogkeke:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'll have my usual recliner at the deer camp.

And I've said since the summer that LSU will beat Bama in TS this year. I am standing by that. EMPEROR. :mad:

:dogkeke:

Hey, I hope they win too! If they are going to ruin people's businesses on Saturday's they may as well have something to show for it! :p

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Hey, I hope they win too! If they are going to ruin people's businesses on Saturday's they may as well have something to show for it! :p

:p I used to never miss a game, in years past. Seems like the older I get, the less I want to fight the traffic- or the occasional drunk. :D

jmeng

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    And thank goodness for the student section (or what's left of it), they are the only fans that stick a game out, good or bad.

Disagree, students are usually the first to leave and head to the bars. Most games the top half of the student section is empty after halftime. Been that way since I started there in '96 and probably before that.

ETA: Not saying they should take tickets away from the students....

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Disagree, students are usually the first to leave and head to the bars. Most games the top half of the student section is empty after halftime. Been that way since I started there in '96 and probably before that.

ETA: Not saying they should take tickets away from the students....
    I can vouch for that. Usually most of the students, even yours truly, end up leaving at halftime if LSU is winning or losing by a lot. It's just a lot more fun to either get home or go out before the rest of the crowd leaves. All of the close games end up keeping peoples' attention though. Alabama will be crazy. Being at 7:00 will be even crazier. I just REALLY hope the band is allowed to play Neck and get the whole stadium going...and get LSU fined a few more thousand dollars.

Speaking of, they got fined $5000 for us rushing the field last weekend. The athletic director said he didn't mind the fine and expected it. Next time people rush the field, LSU gets fined $25,000. He said he looks forward to spending it again. I guess 25,000 is just a drop in the bucket of the 109 million dollar budget for the athletic department :P

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    lreb7e83l3r6sx7j817.jpg

this pretty much sums it up

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    So who went to the game? Anyone else partake in the rushing of the field? That was the most fun I have had at an LSU game ever. The stadium was electric ALL night!

I had tickets from '71-93 and the one I remember was beating Florida State to go to the Orange Bowl. And, yes, I threw an orange onto the field. They lost the next week to Tulane, 31-28.

Do they still do the Go to hell, Ole Miss, go to hell cheer?

Charles1959

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Covington, La.
    Do they still do the Go to hell, Ole Miss, go to hell cheer?

Tom, I don't think they still do that. Today's Cheer of choice by the student body is the "Neck" song that Austin referred to. It's a crude, vulgar, offensive and classless thing that I really don't understand being shouted out at an event. You can often hear it in the background during broadcasts. I'm not judging, I just don't understand the need to do it.
    But I'm an old, grumpy, stodgy bastard, with old school values. To each their own.....

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Tom, I don't think they still do that. Today's Cheer of choice by the student body is the "Neck" song that Austin referred to. It's a crude, vulgar, offensive and classless thing that I really don't understand being shouted out at an event. You can often hear it in the background during broadcasts. I'm not judging, I just don't understand the need to do it.
    But I'm an old, grumpy, stodgy bastard, with old school values. To each their own.....

I think it's absolutely appalling and utterly ridiculous.

So I agree.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I think it's absolutely appalling and utterly ridiculous.

So I agree.

Sadly, that's not the worst of them. They still do the chants for Ole Miss, Florida, & Alabama. When Tebow was at Florida, the chant was slightly modified.

I don't care when the student section does it, but I was a little annoyed when the two toolbags next to me (opposite endzone of the students) was screaming while I had my eight year old nephew with me. That's just not cool, bro.

Top Bottom