Magpul Dynamics Carbine Class *class Is Full*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    20 is max for class unless a person drop. I don't want there to be rumors.

That number is set because of instructor to student ratio, and safety

joe_pec6014

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Hammond
    I wouldn't have said it if I hadn't heard it myself. Amanda at MagPul told me exactly that. I'm not trying to start rumors and I wouldn't want to step on anyones feet if I were an overload at the class. Just should have called sooner.

20 is max for class unless a person drop. I don't want there to be rumors.

That number is set because of instructor to student ratio, and safety

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    It well go much faster than with them trying to pick up brass all day long & before it gets suggested, I will not be selling it.

Golden Dragon

Stay Alert.... Stay Alive
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    171   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Mandeville
    To the range owners.

This is not some novel concept; in fact, it is fairly common across other shooting disciplines as well. At the Bianchi Cup, for instance, if an empy hits the ground, it belongs to the Chapman Academy.

A lot of shotgun clubs are like this; once on the ground, its theirs.

As Narco stated, this policy also makes things move along faster, since it keeps the brass whores from grubbing around between relays, delaying things.

Now... before anyone lights me up about the cost of brass, the virtues of reloading, etc., etc., ad nauseum, be advised: I've been there and got plenty of T shirts. I reload. I also would rather rest between relays than worry about some lousy hulls. In fact, I have a bunch of "trash" brass (that had been stored outside for years, and is probably starting to get brittle) that I load for matches and training classes. I leave it where it hits; if someone else wants to grab it, they're welcome to it.

But the only thing more annoying at a class than somebody on their hands and knees scarfing brass, when the rest of the line is ready to resume iterations, is "that guy" who is never ready nor ever has his feces consolidated.

You're going to this class to learn how to drive a carbine. If you're THAT concerned about the brass, perhaps you should stick to IPSC/SOF Three Gun activities, where they worry about such trivia.

Note... the use of the word "you" in this post was not directed at anybody in particular. But I am constantly amazed at the minutiae/chickenshit that some people get all wrapped around the handle about.

If it REALLY bothers you that somebody else will have your empties, shoot steel-case ammunition. You'll show 'em... but have an extra extractor or two for your AR.;)

Amen Brother!

Someone who knows what he is talking about!

G.D.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    TLyledesign said:
    Narco said:
    can you do one or can we design one and submit it for approval.. I do not want to infringe on your copyrights. this shirt would only be for the class participants, RO, and of course costa/travis

If you guys want to make your own shirts for classes, that's fine, just don't put them up for sale anywhere. If you come up with a design, feel free to send it our way for review. If we feel it represents our company in a positive light, we won't have any problems green lighting personal projects.

And as always, if you have ANY questions or concerns, send me a message and I'll try to get back ASAP.

-Trevor

As a special treat, we will have a Class T-shirt done. I have received the approval from Magpul to make a custom garment, Louisiana themed, class specific. I'll keep you updated as it comes along..

Until then..

chooy721

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Shoot I really wanted to sign up for this class! Anyone that drops out I would love to take the spot!

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    rjflb6ynud7qkn56vzwv.jpg

Ammo is ready, now for some holsters and other small tidbits of gear.

Top Bottom