Mall of America Gun Free Zone

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I'm torn on this one but only in regard to the language that is being used by the advocates and pundits. While I don't advocate gun free zones even in schools, the rhetoric surrounding the problem gives the impression that a bunch of CCHs would run into a gun fight and save the day. Personally, the gun I carry is meant to be concealed so it is both small and, relatively speaking, has a small round count. It is a weapon I chose to protect myself and those near to me. It is not a weapon I would choose to confront someone(s) wielding an AK 47(s) or other such arms. Not to mention the myriad of friendly fire problems one would face when running into a gun fight without a uniform/readily identifiable ally. IMHO

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    While I don't necessarily agree with it, it's their problem. I will probably never go to the Mall of America in my lifetime. The last place I want to be, is trapped in a mall with a bunch of sheeple and there is nothing in that mall that I can't buy locally or online.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    While I don't necessarily agree with it, it's their problem. I will probably never go to the Mall of America in my lifetime. The last place I want to be, is trapped in a mall with a bunch of sheeple and there is nothing in that mall that I can't buy locally or online.

:thumbsup:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I carry with my permit in places that post those stupid signs. They will never know. How can they tell that you are carrying if you are there to shop like anyone else? Criminals get caught doing this because they will draw their guns to "handle business" or commit an armed robbery. You should only need your handgun in the parking lot to safely get to and from your car. The parking lot is not a "gun free zone." If something happens in the mall, your best course of action would be to leave at once.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    If something happens in the mall, your best course of action would be to leave at once.

nope. I've paid far too much for my 1911 to not dispatch some .45 caliber justice at the first possible chance I get. It's such a finely tuned machine that i'll never miss and hit an innocent bystander. I hit baseball sized groupings at 7 yards at the range all the time. As soon as he lines up and stands still like that #5 target, hes toast buddy. And just think, if criminals see that I've got a $3775.00 gun openly carried, they won't rob anyone on that block. They'll just submit to the tactical training of my checkbook. The mall should contract me to just parade around the food court while I protect the sheep.

Last edited:

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    nope. I've paid far too much for my 1911 to not dispatch some .45 caliber justice at the first possible chance I get. It's such a finely tuned machine that i'll never miss and hit an innocent bystander. I hit baseball sized groupings at 7 yards at the range all the time. As soon as he lines up and stands still like that #5 target, hes toast buddy. And just think, if criminals see that I've got a $3775.00 gun openly carried, they won't rob anyone on that block. They'll just submit to the tactical training of my checkbook. The mall should contract me to just parade around the food court while I protect the sheep.

MALL NINJAS! Protecting a mall near you!

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA

All joking aside, I hope you never have to do that. There is a real chance that you can get shot in the event of firefight. If you are off duty LE, then you do have an obligation to act if you witness a felony. I would not call it lucky if you were around when a firefight starts.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    All joking aside, I hope you never have to do that. There is a real chance that you can get shot in the event of firefight. If you are off duty LE, then you do have an obligation to act if you witness a felony. I would not call it lucky if you were around when a firefight starts.

I'm not sure I could lay the sarcasm on any thicker in my post. One shot from that 1911 and they'll defecate, urinate, and then disintegrate.

All joking aside, the derp is impending. just wait 1 more page. The only prevention is sarcastic humor, so I deployed it with swift prejudice. I'm well aware of how to handle the situation above, but its not cool on bayoushooter to tell people to gtfo instead of go all rambo eastwood. I'm just giving the masses what they want.

Last edited:

Lyle Savant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Central (NE Baton Rouge, LA)
    If a "Gun Free Zone" is the response to recent terriers threats, it is a ludicrous one. Surely, the terrorists could care less if the place is off limits to guns. If anything, now they really have free-rain, because there now will be no opposition until AFTER the incident has occurred.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    If a "Gun Free Zone" is the response to recent terriers threats, it is a ludicrous one.

this is the most brilliant thing I've ever seen. Terrier threats.

terrier-new.jpg

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I will have to bring my dog to the mall for protection. I will be sure to put a "Service Dog" jacket on him.

just think. the mall is legally restricted from telling you he's not allowed. Best EDC is now a german sheperd - especially for protection from terrier threats. You know they have those domesticated "wild" bengal cats that you can walk with a leash. Is a 40-lb cat considered an "assault pet"?

images

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I'm torn on this one but only in regard to the language that is being used by the advocates and pundits. While I don't advocate gun free zones even in schools, the rhetoric surrounding the problem gives the impression that a bunch of CCHs would run into a gun fight and save the day. Personally, the gun I carry is meant to be concealed so it is both small and, relatively speaking, has a small round count. It is a weapon I chose to protect myself and those near to me. It is not a weapon I would choose to confront someone(s) wielding an AK 47(s) or other such arms. Not to mention the myriad of friendly fire problems one would face when running into a gun fight without a uniform/readily identifiable ally. IMHO

For a serious reply to your question- if you aren't obligated legally to intervene, don't. Pistol very rarely trumps rifle, even in professional hands. In ideal circumstances a lunatic starts shooting and someone behind him draws and puts a bullet in his head. In reality, shots ring out and 100 people scatter and trample each other in a dozen directions. Then you lose to firepower superiority and your last sight is the giant red "EXIT" sign 30 feet away. Now lets get back to terrier threats.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    just think. the mall is legally restricted from telling you he's not allowed. Best EDC is now a german sheperd - especially for protection from terrier threats. You know they have those domesticated "wild" bengal cats that you can walk with a leash. Is a 40-lb cat considered an "assault pet"?

images

They might let you in the mall with that cat if you dress it in LSU attire. You can tell them that you are taking the team mascot around the community to meet the fans.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    only if it has a pistol grip

unnecessarily long black tipped tail. has absolutely no sporting use. Who needs 12 claws anyway? Can't you protect yourself with 6?

- - - Updated - - -

They might let you in the mall with that cat if you dress it in LSU attire. You can tell them that you are taking the team mascot around the community to meet the fans.

lol. valid point. not a terrier in sight either.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    this is the most brilliant thing I've ever seen. Terrier threats.

terrier-new.jpg

That's Gitmo, the dog that out ran the Marines and escaped from the Guantanamo Bay detention camp. He is on the No Fly list and on the FBI's 25 mot wanted dogs. If you see him, contact the FBI or local Humane Society.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    That's Gitmo, the dog that out ran the Marines and escaped from the Guantanamo Bay detention camp. He is on the No Fly list and on the FBI's 25 mot wanted dogs. If you see him, contact the FBI or local Humane Society.

How long does it take to doggie paddle from gitmo? He could already be here. Hell if he gets here this week he might even get amnesty.

Last edited:

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I appreciate the sarcasm and seriousness equally. I grade the Terrier as top comment and respectfully suggest the rest of you begin stepping up your game. ;-) I wouldn't avoid a clear and present danger but neither would I intervene into one that was not clear and present...especially if LEOs were actively engaged.
    For a serious reply to your question- if you aren't obligated legally to intervene, don't. Pistol very rarely trumps rifle, even in professional hands. In ideal circumstances a lunatic starts shooting and someone behind him draws and puts a bullet in his head. In reality, shots ring out and 100 people scatter and trample each other in a dozen directions. Then you lose to firepower superiority and your last sight is the giant red "EXIT" sign 30 feet away. Now lets get back to terrier threats.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    How long does it take to doggie paddle from gitmo? He could already be here. Hell if he gets here this week he might even get amnesty.

I believe he came in on a makeshift raft. I am tempted to print out his picture and post it at the entrances to the mall as a warning about this "Terrier threat." The Intelligence community does not see the mall "Terrier threat" to be credible, but I KNOW better.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom