man drew his gun while waiting to buy ammunition

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nate

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Hammond, LA
    So you dont believe the people who protect our airports should train and qualify with the weapons they carry around your kids?
    Oh they should train but when I see the amounts of ammo being requested far exceeding training and usage amounts, especially the. 308 it causes me concern. How could any of these security branches other than the armed services need that much ammo over 5 years?

Aren't you concerned?

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    So you dont believe the people who protect our airports should train and qualify with the weapons they carry around your kids?

I don't believe they can even be trusted with potato guns. The less proficient they are with firearms, the better in my book.

Edited to add:

If Air Marshals fall under TSA, I retract my statement and apologize for posting while under the influence of a muscle relaxer.

Last edited:

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Oh they should train but when I see the amounts of ammo being requested far exceeding training and usage amounts, especially the. 308 it causes me concern. How could any of these security branches other than the armed services need that much ammo over 5 years?

Aren't you concerned?

How dare you question the gubment! They are looking out for your best interest! Your lack of loyalty to the gubment is noted Comrade. :)

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

Aren't you concerned?

What are you concerned is going to happen? Where did you see these ammo figures?

Nate

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Hammond, LA
    What are you concerned is going to happen? Where did you see these ammo figures?
    You don't have to look very hard. The report of these numbers have been in the press, even in the liberal media...surprise, surprise.

While I won't name the legislator's office I was able to confirm that these numbers are real and are actually being examined. However, what has been left out of the press reports is that these are 5-year committment to purchase plans, not actual deliveries of ammunition.

My concerns are why are non-military organizations purchasing military sized lots of ammunition. When you add that some of these organizations typically do not have their agents regularly train with firearms anyway then again why such huge lots? Why is the TSA getting so many select fire firearms? Why the huge quantities of .308? Those quantities would suggest to me someone is intending to shoot machine guns a lot.

Again this could be reasonable. Still it should be explained why we are doing this, since this does not seem to be an armed services procurement.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well....I just hope the TSA uses better judgement with their firearms than they always have with the people they search. :o

article-2116881-123B91CD000005DC-125_634x437.jpg

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    You don't have to look very hard. The report of these numbers have been in the press, even in the liberal media...surprise, surprise.

While I won't name the legislator's office I was able to confirm that these numbers are real and are actually being examined. However, what has been left out of the press reports is that these are 5-year committment to purchase plans, not actual deliveries of ammunition.

My concerns are why are non-military organizations purchasing military sized lots of ammunition. When you add that some of these organizations typically do not have their agents regularly train with firearms anyway then again why such huge lots? Why is the TSA getting so many select fire firearms? Why the huge quantities of .308? Those quantities would suggest to me someone is intending to shoot machine guns a lot.

Again this could be reasonable. Still it should be explained why we are doing this, since this does not seem to be an armed services procurement.

Could you point me in the right direction, I googled around a bit but didn't see anything alarming.

Top Bottom