Man drowns in gulf, Porpoises drag body to shore ?!?!?!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    I'm not sure what's a worse insult after death -- being drug to shore by fish or having gaudy, cheap plastic flowers piled up on the side of the interstate at your crash site.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    doubtful, but possible. If a Porpoise brought it to shore, it would have likely beached itself. It they found it on the beach, I would assume the tide helped them out.

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Crazy, I was just down there this weekend. Seems like at least one person drowns out there every year. As far as the porpoises, they definitely aren't afraid of people out there. I can't tell you how many times we used to hand feed them fish off our pier. Whether or not they brought the guy in, well who knows, they may have pushed him in a bit, who knows. I have seen them get into extremely shallow water in the surf playing or feeding many times.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Sometimes, I think there are creatures that are intelligent and actually think and reason.

Porpoises seem to be one of them.

Dolphins certainly reason. They have been known to kill the young of their porpoise competitors. Adult dolphins have also been known to bludgeon juveniles of their own species to death. Infanticide is brutal, but it's a pretty smart individual survival strategy. Get rid of your competition.

bayoupirate

God of Thunder
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Raceland, Louisiana
    I'm not sure what's a worse insult after death -- being drug to shore by fish or having gaudy, cheap plastic flowers piled up on the side of the interstate at your crash site.

No contest, Roadside Gaudy is the worst insult for anyone.
    My personal feeling is that memorials do not belong on the public right-of-way as a further distraction to driving.
    I can not put a 12" steel pipe filled with concrete up as a base for my mailbox, because it is on the public right of way and my cause damage to someone who leaves the roadway, but I drive around and see cement borders around landscaped rocks and plastic flowers with tedddy bears etc...

I hope I'll be remembered for how I lived and loved, not for where I died.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    We have a 12 mile stretch of 2 lane that has numerous kills on it...there are at least 15 crosses on it, I really think it slows traffic at least some...all people don't ignore warnings

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I wouldn't want the roadside plastic flowers and wooden crosses to honor my memory, either. To me- like someone said earlier- it is an unnecessary distraction.

Besides- the already planned (by me) 175ft tall bronze statue with the 200ft circular forbidden zone around the area- complete with nighttime illumination visible for 25 miles- would be sufficient.
    (for now)

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Did anyone actually see the porpoise drop him off, or are they making assumptions? Like the gay caveman

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I'm betting the porposises killed him. They dragged him under, then back up on the beach when one of 'theirs' ended up in a can of tuna...

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    The way it's written, it's as if the porpoises were working for the Coast Guard. They just kind of threw that part in as a footnote at the end of the article....

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Sure they pushed him ashore.

They are environmentalists at heart and didn't want a rotting corpse in their environment.

P.S.

They are mammals not fish.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Speaking of jokes and porpoises...

Once there was a marine biologist, named Dr. Panglos, who loved dolphins. (When I say he loved dolphins though, I’m not talking about in any kind of “sick” way; he just loved to study them). He spent his time trying to feed and protect his beloved creatures of the sea. One day, in a fit of inventive genius, he came up with a serum that would make dolphins live forever!
    Of course he was ecstatic. But he soon realised that, in order to mass produce this serum, he would need large amounts of a certain compound that was only found in nature in the metabolism of a rare South American myna bird. Carried away by his love for dolphins, however, he decided that he would go to the zoo and steal one of these birds.
    As he was arriving at the zoo an elderly lion was escaping from its cage. The Lion’s name was Leo, which wasn’t too original of a name for a lion if you ask me, but it’s probably not important to the story. Anyway, the zoo keepers were alarmed and immediately began combing the zoo for the escaped animal, unaware that it had simply lain down on the sidewalk and had gone to sleep since it was the Lion’s regular naptime anyway.
    Meanwhile, the marine biologist arrived at the zoo and stole his bird. He was so excited by the prospect of helping his dolphins that he stepped absent mindedly over the sleeping lion on his way back to his car. Immediately, 15 policemen converged on him and arrested him for the crime of transporting a myna across a staid lion for immortal porpoises.

<don't blame me, GBUndersea - or his brother- told me the longer version of one while camping once>

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Besides- the already planned (by me) 175ft tall bronze statue with the 200ft circular forbidden zone around the area- complete with nighttime illumination visible for 25 miles- would be sufficient.
    (for now)

Viking send off for me, if you please.

h3j3ejdzzt8i2h3ys19.jpg

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom