Man, I had a good time last night (Now With Grainy Pics!)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    [FONT=tahoma, arial]I haven't taken my boat on the water in almost half a decade. I started my business in '04, and what little spare time that has left me has been used at the shooting range. Well, I finally dusted her off this week. It is just a jon boat, but I have her tricked out pretty sweet. Old school army camo paint job, swivel seats in front and back, 46# thrust Minnkota with a foot pedal control, fish finder, gps, lights, spot, four cup holders, anchor on a pulley, rod rack, even a Naval Jack on a small flag pole in the back. [/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma, arial]Headed out to Wallace Lake last night about 6:30 until about 9:30. Classic southern lake that goes on forever, but not open water. Winding lanes through giant lily pads and cypress trees for days. Beautiful moon over the whole show. Caught me some nice bass, saw several owls, egrets and herons, and brought some Merlot... with an actual wine glass. I figure if I am going to drink wine on the water, I am going to do it in style. My buddy that was with said he has seen alot of things (and he has, both of us spent a decade hitch-hiking around the entire country), but he has never seen someone drinking wine out of crystal out on the water. [/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma, arial]Man, it was gorgeous.[/FONT]

******************************************************************************

Went back out this morning and got a few pics for you guys. I am, of course, the guy in the hat.

http://www.shanoogie.com/l/content/wallacelake/

Last edited:

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Also, since I did all the catching, my buddy did all the cleaning and frying for me when we got back. All I had to do was kick back.

Oh, and did I mention I LOVE Deep Woods Off!!!?

Last edited:

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    I can only say I'm envious. I long for the days when I can afford to get a simple aluminum bateau and get back out on Bayou Pigeon, Belle River and Lake Verret.

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I went nude sun bathing in the marsh on Lake Pontchartrain, does that count?

attachment.php

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    Thats sounds awsome. The only part I used to like about going crawfish with my dad in the basin was the sunrise. You can't beat a sunrise over the water, expecially in the basin with the cypress trees and moss handing down. God choice with the Merlot. I'm young, but when we cook at my parents house thats what we drink. Good to see you finally had a good time.

Top Bottom