Mandeville man arrested after shooting his own fence

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gocoastal

I'm a girl.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    NOLA
    I hope this was not one of you...

By Jeff Adelson, The Times-Picayune
    March 15, 2010, 6:15PM
    A Mandeville man faces felony charges after firing a shotgun at the fence around his home in the Beau West subdivision to "blow off steam" after an argument with his wife, authorities said Monday.
    Mandeville police were called to the home of Michael Housey, 41, at 787 Claire Drive about 4:15 p.m. Sunday after neighbors reported hearing gunshots from the property, Mandeville police spokesman Officer Eric Gulino said. When they arrived they spoke with Housey, who told them he had been in an argument with his wife and had fired at his own fence to relieve his anger, Gulino said.
    In addition to firing at the fence, Housey fired at least one shot in the air, Gulino said.
    Officers found four spent 12-gauge shotgun shells on the ground, Gulino said. It was unclear what kind of shot they contained, he said.
    No one was injured by the shots and the only property Housey damaged was his own, he said.
    Police booked Housey with illegally discharging a weapon and aggravated criminal damage to property, which are both felonies. He also was booked with disturbing the peace.
    It is illegal to fire a weapon in Mandeville, Gulino said.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    hmmm...there may have been damage to something else they are not listing.....otherwise, you can do what you want with your property. Unless somehow the fence did not belong to him...maybe the subdivision association?

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    hmmm...there may have been damage to something else they are not listing.....otherwise, you can do what you want with your property. Unless somehow the fence did not belong to him...maybe the subdivision association?

Yea I was thinking that or the reply about it being his wife's fence. That would make sense.

Coastie Paul

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    What a dumb ass. This guy needed to be arrested so that he doesn't end up killing his wife. I don't care if someone shoots up their own property as long as they do it safely. It's under what circumstances that he discharged his weapon that's the issue with me (in immature anger):nono:.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Criminal damage charge is no goo, will get thrown out, Illegal Discharge of a firearm is a city charge and is a misdemeanor.

Guys still a dumbass.

Summit_Ace

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    What an ass!! I wonder if this guy could see what was on the other side of the fence? What if there was a kid on the other side, this guy needs to go to jail, he's a stupid ass.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    He deffinetly has some issues, hopefully the judge assigns some anger management classes, and maybe they should keep his shotgun for safe keeping.

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    I have worked for a few families in that neighborhood, pretty nice houses. I will have to remember that last name, it would hilarious to get a call this week to do a fence repair.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tdwarner
    Top Bottom