March 3rd Mid-Range Prone Match @ Palo Alto

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    Thibodaux
    Anyone going to the match? I'm going to get my "long range" feet wet at this match and had a few questions for the veteran shooters.

I'm going to bring my Remington 700P LTR 20" .308, 6-24x56 Vortex scope, and Harris bipod. Will this rifle be ok for the match?

Other then my rifle, ammo, ear/eye pro, match fees and a positive attitude is there anything I should bring?

This will be my first time shooting in a match and out to 600 yards. Do you guys have any tips for new shooters?

Thanks

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Your rifle will be fine. Those LTR's are great for 600yds. Just make sure you have a solid known distance zero on your scope whether that be 100yds, 200, etc. You may also want to bring a mat to lay on, a spotting scope or a pair of binoculars, a folding chair, pen/pencil with a clip board if you have one, and some water and snacks. None of these are required, just handy and can be borrowed as there's always someone there with extra.

Let Rick know that it's your first match and what your rifle is zero'd for. If you're on at 100yds, dial in 16 minutes of elevation and you'll be on paper. Your sighter shots will dial you in from there. I will be shooting the K&M Tac. Rifle challenge in Florida, but Rick and Mickey can help you out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedactedUsername
    Top Bottom