Marijuana to be reclassified as Schedule III substance by DEA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Marijuana to be reclassified as Schedule III substance by DEA

It comes after President Joe Biden called for a review of federal marijuana law in October 2022 and has moved to pardon thousands of Americans convicted federally of simple possession of the drug. He has also called on governors and local leaders to take similar steps to erase marijuana convictions.

“Criminal records for marijuana use and possession have imposed needless barriers to employment, housing, and educational opportunities,” Biden said in December. “Too many lives have been upended because of our failed approach to marijuana. It’s time that we right these wrongs.”

I don't have an issue with moving weed to Sch III. My issue is when talking about people being convicted of simple possession. Are they including the people who were arrested and billed for distribution only to accept a plea for possession? Those should not be included in the count of users.

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    Never tried it myself. I'm wondering how anyone can smoke it when it smells so bad. When I walk through an area that someone has been smoking that stuff, I almost get nauseated and have to leave the area. It permeates the entire area and never seems to dissipate. Cigars too for that matter, if they taste half as bad as they smell, not sure how anyone smokes them.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Never tried it myself. I'm wondering how anyone can smoke it when it smells so bad. When I walk through an area that someone has been smoking that stuff, I almost get nauseated and have to leave the area. It permeates the entire area and never seems to dissipate. Cigars too for that matter, if they taste half as bad as they smell, not sure how anyone smokes them.
    Same, I've never smoked it either...but, I definitely have smoked a few cigars lol.

You should try a Triple Roast by Nub Nuance.

WilsonCombatant

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    New Orleans
    I used to smoke EVERYDAY. I’m talking wake and bake and everything. My guns made me stop. LOL. Don’t think I’d ever start again. I like being alert all the time, and I’m a dad now. I do think it’s stupid that it’s illegal. A lot of people partake and live totally normal lives.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I used to smoke EVERYDAY. I’m talking wake and bake and everything. My guns made me stop. LOL. Don’t think I’d ever start again. I like being alert all the time, and I’m a dad now. I do think it’s stupid that it’s illegal. A lot of people partake and live totally normal lives.
    Nail on the head. I've had friends who were total stoners and their lives typically just remain paused in whatever stage they're in.

I've tried eating it twice in my life and I absolutely hated the experience. I do think it should be legal, but it's definitely not for me.

WilsonCombatant

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    New Orleans
    Nail on the head. I've had friends who were total stoners and their lives typically just remain paused in whatever stage they're in.

I've tried eating it twice in my life and I absolutely hated the experience. I do think it should be legal, but it's definitely not for me.
    Ingestion is the really strong stuff. You went from noob to pro in one step. I can imagine how you felt. Kinda gives me goosebumps.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Ingestion is the really strong stuff. You went from noob to pro in one step. I can imagine how you felt. Kinda gives me goosebumps.
    I didn't really want to try it, either. We were in Vegas and I gave in to peer pressure. I'm just not a "drugs" kind of dude - I basically refuse to even take cold medicine unless I am REALLY sick, and then I'd rather just get a steroid from the doctor.

SwampyDog

certified gun nut
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    Killian
    For me what's been ridiculous is the hypocrisy behind it. How does being prescribed pot somehow make you less trustworthy than an opiate patient or someone on anti depression meds? As we all know, were I to get pulled over with a script for pot and a gun, that's jail time. Meanwhile, someone else can get stopped with an opiate script and go about their business. If Marijuana was at least medically legal across all 50 states you'd see the number of opiate scripts issued go down exponentially which in turn would start to ease the opiate crisis because less folks would be getting hooked on it by their doctor. Where we stand now, the gun owner who's best option is pot for aniexty, stomach, or pain relief is turned into a second class citizen. Case in point, I recently had to avoid a deal with a guy who gave off strong stoner vibes and that broke my libertarian heart. Frankly a guy smoking a plant falls into that "none of my business" category. But under current law I had to take it into consideration and I'll be forever salty about being forced into that decision.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Are you talking about that skunk weed crap they are smoking now? That stuff will make you sick to smell. I've wondered if they know they smell like skunks. I might wear hearing aids but I can smell like a sob it stinks

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    For me what's been ridiculous is the hypocrisy behind it. How does being prescribed pot somehow make you less trustworthy than an opiate patient or someone on anti depression meds? As we all know, were I to get pulled over with a script for pot and a gun, that's jail time. Meanwhile, someone else can get stopped with an opiate script and go about their business. If Marijuana was at least medically legal across all 50 states you'd see the number of opiate scripts issued go down exponentially which in turn would start to ease the opiate crisis because less folks would be getting hooked on it by their doctor. Where we stand now, the gun owner who's best option is pot for aniexty, stomach, or pain relief is turned into a second class citizen. Case in point, I recently had to avoid a deal with a guy who gave off strong stoner vibes and that broke my libertarian heart. Frankly a guy smoking a plant falls into that "none of my business" category. But under current law I had to take it into consideration and I'll be forever salty about being forced into that decision.

Look...the federal government is currently studying marijuana's medical properties. It only started 36 years ago so it may take some time to compile their findings.

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    It's a cigar
    OK, I'll pass. We go on a lot of cruises, and I'm always offered cuban cigars when I'm in port. I politely say "No thanks". They are supposed to be the good ones, but what do I know? I have never even had a cigarette to my lips, much less smoked one so the chances of me smoking a cigar (or pipe) are astronomically non-existent. It's legal to purchase the cuban cigars there, and bring them aboard the cruise ship, but illegal to bring into the US.

Top Bottom