Marijuana to be reclassified as Schedule III substance by DEA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Is that alcohol?? Really sounds like coffee
    It's a coffee-infused cigar.

OK, I'll pass. We go on a lot of cruises, and I'm always offered cuban cigars when I'm in port. I politely say "No thanks". They are supposed to be the good ones, but what do I know?
    They're essentially all counterfeits at the ports on cruises. It's likely, or maybe somewhat likely, that they have actual Cuban tobacco leaves, but in reality, they are not actual Cohibas (or whatever they purport to be).

I bought ten on a cruise last year to confirm what I had read in all of the cigar pages I follow and I did indeed confirm that every single shop sold fake Cubans.

I have never even had a cigarette to my lips, much less smoked one so the chances of me smoking a cigar (or pipe) are astronomically non-existent. It's legal to purchase the cuban cigars there, and bring them aboard the cruise ship, but illegal to bring into the US.
    I've also never smoked a cigarette...but cigars are way different.

While it's not technically legal (since 2020), no one will ever give you a hard time about bringing Cuban cigars into the US.

BrandonPle

Gunlover
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Watson
    Screenshot_20240501-055857~2.png
    This is as of last month.....
    this is the way it should be.
    Legalize it
    Over tax the ship out of it ( like everything else)
    Promise people the tax dollars will go to education and roads , then pocket 65% of it .

Too many people dying on other bullship.

Let's the drunks drunk
    Let the potheads pot
    Let the home builders build what the fluff they want at home .

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    My wife was offered "powder" by a nice island fellow while we were on the beach during our honeymoon. I declined in a friendly way and he left us alone, she then asked if he was offering baby powder so that the sand would not stick to our feet. I said no, he was trying to sell us nose candy, blow, a bump, whatever. She laughed and said she might have said yes if she knew that is what he meant! I can imagine it was not very good, like those counterfeit watches and knock off cigars...

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    My wife was offered "powder" by a nice island fellow while we were on the beach during our honeymoon. I declined in a friendly way and he left us alone, she then asked if he was offering baby powder so that the sand would not stick to our feet. I said no, he was trying to sell us nose candy, blow, a bump, whatever. She laughed and said she might have said yes if she knew that is what he meant! I can imagine it was not very good, like those counterfeit watches and knock off cigars...
    That sounds like a situation we heard about when in Jamaica a few years ago (another cruise). Once back on board, the ship was getting ready to leave, but they kept announcing two passengers' names. The announcer kept requesting for them to contact the guest services desk immediately. Announcements went on for another 30 minutes, then the ship debarked and we continued to our next destination. Later that evening at one of the shows, the cruise director came on stage in the auditorium before the show started, and made an announcement. He stated that two passengers were arrested in Jamaica, for attempting to buy drugs. He described it as a reverse sting, where the passengers were approached by a "local" and asked if they wanted to buy some "smoke". When the two dummies said yes and produced the money, they were both arrested by the "local" who was undercover police. They were charged with some narcotics violation and were in the Jamaican jail. Obviously they missed the ship departure, and spent who knows how long in the hell-hole of a Jamaican prison. Naive Americans go to these places away from home, and don't know the meaning of "You're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy".

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That sounds like a situation we heard about when in Jamaica a few years ago (another cruise). Once back on board, the ship was getting ready to leave, but they kept announcing two passengers' names. The announcer kept requesting for them to contact the guest services desk immediately. Announcements went on for another 30 minutes, then the ship debarked and we continued to our next destination. Later that evening at one of the shows, the cruise director came on stage in the auditorium before the show started, and made an announcement. He stated that two passengers were arrested in Jamaica, for attempting to buy drugs. He described it as a reverse sting, where the passengers were approached by a "local" and asked if they wanted to buy some "smoke". When the two dummies said yes and produced the money, they were both arrested by the "local" who was undercover police. They were charged with some narcotics violation and were in the Jamaican jail. Obviously they missed the ship departure, and spent who knows how long in the hell-hole of a Jamaican prison. Naive Americans go to these places away from home, and don't know the meaning of "You're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy".

I've been on one cruise. It was a 7 day Carnival cruise that stopped in Montego Bay, Jamaica. We didn't like any of the planned excursions and we decided we were going to wing it. We found a bus driver who said he could take us on a sightseeing trip and bring us wherever we wanted for $20 a person. There were a number of other people already on the bus so we decided to do it. The first place he drove us was to a big souvenir shop. Some guy outside of the store offered us some weed. We turned him down.

After that, the bus brought us down to the main strip. We got out at the beginning of the strip so we could walk. The driver told us when and where he would be when we were ready to get picked up. The shop owners on the strip were kinda pushy as far as trying to get us into their stores. We made it to the Margaritaville Montego Bay and stoped for something to eat and drink. When we were done, we walked the 400 or so feet to the bus pick up spot. The driver said he would be leaving in about 30 minutes and there was a park we could walk through while we waited.

We walked a little bit in the park and found a gazebo to sit in. While we were sitting there, a young guy maybe in his early 20's sat on a bench a little ways from us and was keeping an eye on us. I was a detective in New Orleans at the time and my (at that time) girlfriend used to work for New Orleans EMS. We both got that "we're not somewhere good" vibe so we left and walked back to the bus. We got on the small 20 passenger or so bus and started talking to the two ladies already on there. I think they were mother and daughter with the younger one in their 30's.

The guy from the park walked up to the driver, who was standing in front of the bus that was parked facing the curb, and started talking to him. At some point he tried to grab the driver's gold necklace and yank it off but was not successful. Another guy walked behind the bus and up the left side toward the driver as the first guy tried to grab the necklace again. As the driver pushed the first kid away, the second guy raised a handgun and shot the driver twice in the chest. When the driver hit the ground, the second guy shot him a 3rd time. The first guy took the necklace and a gold bracelet and ran off. The second guy looked around, including into the bus, then ran off in the opposite direction.

When it was clear the gunman was gone, I told my g/f to get the 2 ladies, who were visibly shaken up, off of the bus, go around the back of the bus, and get them to Margaritaville. I got off the bus and waited for the police. When it took them a while to get there, I walked to Margaritaville and met them. My g/f said she had seen the first guy pass them up as they were going to Margaritaville. I told her to get a taxi and head back to the boat. I walked down to the scene and the police had arrived. I spoke to an investigator and explained what happened. I described both of the guys and and what they were wearing. The investigator, who hadn't written anything down, just said she would guess they've changed clothes by now. Ok...not interested. I'm in another country. I just watched a homicide. And the gunman had seen me see him. I'm out. I quickly walked back to Margaritaville and caught a taxi back to the boat.

Jamaica is definitely not Kansas.

WilsonCombatant

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    New Orleans
    Exactly why I won't go to those banana republic tourist traps.
    I’m with cat cam on this one. I heard girls in VN put their menstruation blood in your coffee to cast a spell on you and make you fall in love with them. I stopped going to Vietnamese coffee shops after that.

7cats7coins

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Its lip service. Pardon federally charged simple possession? that covers what 3-4 people?
    No federal prosecutor is wasting their time for a possession charge, come on now.

Top Bottom