marijuana

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rustyduck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    near morgan city
    does it lower high blood pressure like the history channel says?

if you smoke some and then do blood work for cholesterol, ect, and marijuana shows up can the doctor turn you in?

if blood work proves you used marijuana, do lose your ccw?

if you are in a car accident, get tested and found to have marijuana in your system, you get charged?

senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    does it lower high blood pressure like the history channel says?

Possibly, but we have much more effective agents than that.

if you smoke some and then do blood work for cholesterol, ect, and marijuana shows up can the doctor turn you in?

He would specifically have to do a urine drug screen. Doc's don't do the hair stuff. THC would not show up on cholesterol, CBC, Chem-7, or other lab work. Don't give him a need for UDS, and it certainly wouldn't matter. If he DOES find you positive, then it'll just go on your records @ that office. He won't turn you in unless he's a prick, or has a very good reason to.

if blood work proves you used marijuana, do lose your ccw?

I believe so. Others may comment. There's a question on the survey about THC when you're purchasing a firearm.

if you are in a car accident, get tested and found to have marijuana in your system, you get charged?

If it contributes to a DUI, then yes. (DUI can be used for drugs too).

If you're randomly screened and found to be THC+, then no. Possession is illegal, not evidence of post-consumption.

Last edited:

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010

He would specifically have to do a urine drug screen. Doc's don't do the hair stuff. THC would not show up on cholesterol, CBC, Chem-7, or other lab work. Don't give him a need for UDS, and it certainly wouldn't matter. If he DOES find you positive, then it'll just go on your records @ that office. He won't turn you in unless he's a prick, or has a very good reason to.

I believe so. Others may comment. There's a question on the survey about THC when you're purchasing a firearm.

If you're randomly screened and found to be THC+, then no. Possession is illegal, not evidence of post-consumption.

He's right on the money with these answers.

why risk it, its illegal, and frowned upon at work.. there are more effective ways to lower bp..

Because cannabis has many other outstanding medicinal values.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    u4b7xscql07g0o62q9jz.jpg

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Marijuana can do what you said. I consider it much safer than other prescription drugs. However, it is amazing what just living healthy, eating right, and excersize does to your body. Just doing that can help your health in so many ways.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    However, it is amazing what just living healthy, eating right, and excersize does to your body. Just doing that can help your health in so many ways.

What I find MORE amazing is people's inability to do so.

It seems so simple;

Eat right + Exercise = FEEL Awesome! both Mentally and Physically

Eat Crap + No exercise = tired, depressing = Eat more crap = tired, depressing, = eat more crap, so on and so forth until like most Americans you can end up carrying an average of 30+ lbs EXTRA which leads to always having a tense/sore back, hurting knees clothes that fit too tight which leads to more depression and eating of crap. It’s quite a vicious cycle.

I got some guys at work to simply give up all drinks except Water and Milk, and to work on eating "0" Carbs for the last meal of the day(Supper) and to buy the assorted Fruit bags with Oranges/Apples to snack on. Since Jan 1st they are all fitting a little better in their pants and this is WITHOUT exercise. Exercise only speeds this process up.

Last edited:

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Personally, I wish they would decriminalize all drugs. Turn it over to the health care professionals. If they were to do that, you would see an immediate decrease in the pushing of drugs to children. Crime would eventually decrease because the profit would be removed from the drug trade. (Of course, initially crime may increase because the gangs would need to find another form of income. )
    But, as was pointed out, it is illegal and because of that it just is not worth the risk. Get caught with illegal drugs and a gun, you are screwed.
    FWIW,,,google the "drug war and Portugal" and "Drug war and Britain"
    And,,,if they did this,,,we would not be hearing all this crap about firearms and Mexican drug cartels.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12005824

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    What I find MORE amazing is people's inability to do so.

It seems so simple;

Eat right + Exercise = FEEL Awesome! both Mentally and Physically

Eat Crap + No exercise = tired, depressing = Eat more crap = tired, depressing, = eat more crap, so on and so forth until like most Americans you can end up carrying an average of 30+ lbs EXTRA which leads to always having a tense/sore back, hurting knees clothes that fit too tight which leads to more depression and eating of crap. It’s quite a vicious cycle.

I got some guys at work to simply give up all drinks except Water and Milk, and to work on eating "0" Carbs for the last meal of the day(Supper) and to buy the assorted Fruit bags with Oranges/Apples to snack on. Since Jan 1st they are all fitting a little better in their pants and this is WITHOUT exercise. Exercise only speeds this process up.

I do not drink that much coke. Usually its water and coffee (black) for me. I just eat healthier, salads, chicken, lots of veggies, etc. Do that for 1 or 2 weeks and you will feel so much better.

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR

And I think we're upside down on this "drug war". We spend billions chasing dealers and cartels while we coddle the users and "treat" their "disease". The users are the reason that there are dealers and cartels. Getting high (including drunk) isn't cute. It is a voluntary surrender of the ability to behave responsibly. My suggestion to handle the drug issue is to decriminalize sale and possession, but punish the living hell out of intoxicated behavior and deny treatment for voluntary OD's. Deny him his customers and the dealer will go out of business.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    I'll go one step further and say if the DEA were to target the Ivy League Colleges in the same manner they target inner cities you would see an immediate open discussion on the direction of the War on Drugs. Every university across this country has a very high prevalence and incidence of substance abuse. Yet, the DEA knows as soon as they did that, the rich and powerful would be phoning Congressman and Senators raising hell. How can junior be a criminal ?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    never miss at 200 yards
    Top Bottom