Marines delay female fitness plan after half fail

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gravity

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    im not against women being in the military ....

if they can move a soldier out of the line of fire w/ full gear, no problem

but if they cant, they are a hazard, IMO

I served in the USMC from '82 through '86. If they are physically capable, let them do the work. Otherwise, someone will be carrying them....sooner than later.

1Stryker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Feminists should be outraged over this, as setting a lower standard for women is degrading.

There are plenty of women out there that are capable of the same physical standard the USMC has set for men. The problem isn't biology, the problem is our culture pushes women to only do cardio to stay skinny rather than actually build body strength.

Problem with the minimum requirement is that it doesn't hold a candle when your in the field for months at a time without supply coming in and you've still got to perform. I don't believe a female would have lasted long in the jungle with us, i wasn't in iraq of afganistan, but stayed in the pacific my entire 4 years on active as a marine grunt. Not poking at anyone, but it got real, real quick. Everyone has a job and a place in the machine, some are not suited for some things, and others are, thats just the way it is. Strength is not the only reason females have not been a part in infantry units. I have definetly known some great ones overseas that were different, but as a whole......

Top Bottom