Marlin Model 120

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    A buddy was just given his father in law's 12g Model 120. From what I can tell it's an all steel gun, pretty heavy for duck hunting (his intent), modified 28" barrel (which should be fine). The stock and forearm are pretty dark and dingy; I think it is Walnut.

First question: What can I suggest to clean up the wood without causing any damage to it? I realize it will probably be back in the marsh, but he'll be taking good care of it. I want it to look like something he can be proud of. I'll probably be helping with the project as I'm trying to get him into shooting.

Second question: Can he shoot steel out of this? I've seen mixed answers online and thought someone here would have a solid one for me.

Thanks

tallguy606

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Houma LA
    I've had two of these great shotguns. Sold the first one years ago but bought a replacement at an estate sale a while back. They are HEAVY but very well made. The barrels are thicker than most shotguns, I would think steel shot in a hunting situation would be OK. Maybe not a steady diet of steel like a skeet gun, but the number fired in duck season should be fine.

Top Bottom