Max Michel & Blake Miguez USPSA class - new iberia - march 10-11

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    We need 0 more people to make this class happen.

I know it's short notice but this will be a smaller class so more 1 on 1.

Saturday and Sunday the 10th and 11th at Blake Miguez's private range in new Iberia.

This is the weekend before AL sectional.

Since we are only 6 weeks out I'll need full payment in lieu of 50% deposit?

Cost is $550.

Post here if you can definitely do it.

Only need 8 heads minimum . Checks will not be cashed until I have 8 payments.
    1) Rossfo123 - paid
    2) rockmup - paid
    3) deepsleep - paid
    4) kajunprepper - paid
    5) Ned Flanders - paid
    6) Jerome (enos) - paid
    7 & 8) John W. (email) - paid
    9) Bryan B. - paid

Info from past class here:
    http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/...A-Training-Class-Nov-5-6-2011-near-New-Iberia

zartan78

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    West Monroe
    I went to this class last November. It is simply an amazing class. Unfortunately, I can't make it this time around. We are extraordinarily fortunate to literally have two of the best shooters in the world located right here in our state and even more fortunate that they are willing to share their time and knowledge with us. Anyone wishing to learn more about shooting from the world's best should attend.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Gotcha.

Good news folks is that we have a smaller minimum student count so let's get this done. I won't be cashing any checks or money orders until I have the minimum amount in hand.

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    At what point should a shooter take a class? When he is just getting started or after a couple of years experience??

I would say both. A class is great to get you started in the right direction. It will not make you a great shooter overnight but will give you all the fundamentals you need to get as good as you want to be.
    As you learn more and get better another class is a great way to show you the steps you are missing and sharpen up your competition tool kit.

I wish I would have had a class in the beginning to give me the key fundamentals without having to learn them the hard way. I feel the class I took last year (not Blake's and Max's unfortunately) helped me make the forward strides I made last year.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    At what point should a shooter take a class? When he is just getting started or after a couple of years experience??
    i am of the opinion that it's better to learn the right way before you ingrain the wrong way onto your subconscious and muscle memory.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    A class early will preemptively break you of the bad habits you might develop otherwise. It will also dramatically shorten the most important phase of your learning curve.

A class later can help you break through a wall that you might have reached, or simply shorten what will prove to be the LONGEST phase of your learning curve.

Always keep in mind that the class is the first step; nothing will be a substitute for practice. However, practicing the right things in pretty darn important!

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Absolutly. Ive been doing this for a year now. I have a problem with my grip and or trigger pull and i cant figure it out. Practice is a waste if im just re enforcing a bad habbit
    I really need some help

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    I was in a class with Max and Travis Tomasie a few years ago. Had been competing for 10+ years and really learned a lot.
    If you are "on the fence" about taking the class, just let yourself fall in. You won't regret it.

Top Bottom