Meanwhile in Kenner.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Re-reading the article the police actually encountered 4 men (4 diff names in article) and arrested 3. So one was not arrested or charged. I didn't catch that on the first pass. Marijuana is so common today, but when you mix it with firearms, bam you catch a charge most times. Won't be long recreational usage of weed will be legal in LA, imo. Right next to the SLU campus now are signs nailed to wooden utility poles "Get your medical marijuana card today". By the RA head shop. They just popped up in the last week or so.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    167   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Re-reading the article the police actually encountered 4 men (4 diff names in article) and arrested 3. So one was not arrested or charged. I didn't catch that on the first pass. Marijuana is so common today, but when you mix it with firearms, bam you catch a charge most times. Won't be long recreational usage of weed will be legal in LA, imo. Right next to the SLU campus now are signs nailed to wooden utility poles "Get your medical marijuana card today". By the RA head shop. They just popped up in the last week or so.
    Apparently “medical” covers a lot more than just glaucoma or cancer. Find a sympathetic doctor. Tell him your nerves are bad and weed is the only thing that helps. Boom, weed Rx.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Apparently “medical” covers a lot more than just glaucoma or cancer. Find a sympathetic doctor. Tell him your nerves are bad and weed is the only thing that helps. Boom, weed Rx.
    Is that how it works in Louisiana? I thought they only approved it to be prescribed for certain conditions.

In California and Washington state you were able to get a doctors prescription for pot for just about anything. Trouble sleeping, trouble eating, anxiety, headaches, social anxiety, just about anything you could imagine they would prescribe it for. I want to say I remember seeing something on the local news about Louisiana not wanting prescriptions for pot to be like that here and doctors were only allowed to prescribe it for a handful of different conditions. We had a few guys during my time in the navy attempt to go get prescriptions for it and they quickly learned that federally it is still illegal and not allowed in service lol.

WilsonCombatant

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    New Orleans
    Question F on the 4473 says we’re still breaking federal law if we’re partaking. It’s kinda stupid. I can be a non-binary mental case and pick up a gun but I can’t smoke recreationally/responisbly.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hoodrich
    Top Bottom