Medical Marijuana Card Holders Cannot Buy Guns says ATF

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Timdog

Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    Madisonville
    Can a person who admits there an alcoholic buy or possess a firearm? I think a gun in the hands of a drunk is worse than in the hands of a stoner.

trigger643

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Kingwood
    I was living in Colorado until a few weeks ago. It was amazing to me the huge number of 18 to 35 year old males with chronic pain....

e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug or any other controlled substance?
    f. Have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective (which includes a determination by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority that you are a danger to yourself or to others or are incompetent to manage your own affairs) OR have you ever been committed to a mental insitution?

"any depressant" includes alcohol. In Tennessee TICs (state background check required with Fed there), will kick back someone with a record of public intoxication or a DUI conviction.

Last edited:

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Being in the business of buying and selling guns, I have to say I support the measure. I don't want Stoner and Bob Rocks to come buy a handgun or AK-47 without any legal resistance. Or buy a breaching shotgun and start busting down doors to feed their habit...

JimmyB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    Berwick
    This website should have more pro 2nd Amendment people.
    Not just this particular thread but most threads concerning gun ownership will have many comments about someone not being able to own a gun because of this or that

What do we already have? Any current or former girlfriend or spouse gets mad at you can do what? Take away your gun rights? Sure she can. All she has to do is lie.
    An ex-wife would never lie

How many other things are there that that will revoke one’s rights?

As far as someone going psyco from smoking weed, I thought this propaganda myth dieded out decades ago

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Being in the business of buying and selling guns, I have to say I support the measure. I don't want Stoner and Bob Rocks to come buy a handgun or AK-47 without any legal resistance. Or buy a breaching shotgun and start busting down doors to feed their habit...

So it's ok to prevent granny, who has a prescription for marijuana because she has cancer, from buying a gun to protect herself as long as we can prevent stoners from buying one.

Not trying to be rude, I just feel like this is just another step in the wrong direction called gun control.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    thats the most ignorant comment ive seen in a while :crazy:

+1 If you really put people who have a prescription for medical marijuana in the busting down your down to "feed their habit" category, you need to rethink that. Potheads are not the ones you need to worry about breaking down your door.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    +1 If you really put people who have a prescription for medical marijuana in the busting down your down to "feed their habit" category, you need to rethink that. Potheads are not the ones you need to worry about breaking down your door.

They may, however, lead to an increased demand in fast food workers, potato chip factory workers, and union mandated nap times for employees.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    They may, however, lead to an increased demand in fast food workers, potato chip factory workers, and union mandated nap times for employees.

Yeah man. I dont know a single person who was ever a violent, door kicking in, waiting for his next "fix", pothead.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles

Sounds like you might not be in the gun business for long with an attitude like that.

Butrbal

Rok Out Whit Ya Glock Out
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Prairieville

thats the most ignorant comment ive seen in a while :crazy:

You said it rssxy. Has anyone EVER heard of a person who was high on weed "busting down doors" to anywhere other than a fast food establishment.:mamoru:

Sounds like you might not be in the gun business for long with an attitude like that.
    We can only hope...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom