Medical Training - Gunshot

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    whats the story to the er trip?

We were pulling targets for an Infantry Team Match in Beaumont (never volunteer) while a new shooter was shooting a M1A rapid fire at 600 yards. I watched him hit my target with several shots that began to go lower and more to the right as his right elbow slipped in prone position. He next hit the target to my right and then the metal frame. The bullet came apart and hit 3 of us. No one was seriously hurt, but we could have been. A piece of the bullet glanced off of my hat bill (always wear a hat with a hard bill and safety glasses in the target pits). The hole in my arm was made by a piece of bullet jacket that bounced off of my humerus, It only weighed about 2 grains and penetrated 3 or so inches into my arm. I had it removed a couple of days later.

Upon investigation, it turned out that the target frames were traveling up too high and the protection berm had suffered some settlement. The target carriers were of a cantilever design and the counterweight had made a depression allowing the target end to go above the protection berm. Palo Alto's carriers are of a different design so this type of situation will not occur.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    these also come in handy. called a "Cautery Pen". Gets red hot in seconds, cauterizes on contact.

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    Oh yeah. Those are awesome. But if used wrong they won't do anything but burn the pt. LOL and you can burn capillarys closed but they won't work so good on an artery. :rofl:

Top Bottom